Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high heels

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

Ok Ladies, I have to ask this one: do you think High Heels are worth the pain?

I have seen the horrors a pair of high heels can do to a girls foot. they look like the most uncomfortable things to wear, but they do make legs look amazing and in that way they are necessary for dresses. However, why wear them if wearing jeans? If you're going for a night out would you weigh up the pros and cons of the shoes you will wear?

I am very thankful that I am a man and therefore only have 2 pairs of shoes, one of them being runners

do you like wearing high heels? 104 votes

I love them, I wear them whenever I can
    0% 0 votes
    I like them, but won't wear them all the time
    27% 29 votes
    I only wear them whenever I have to
    42% 44 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    29% 31 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Good heels shouldn't hurt that much.
    I wore the 6 inchers on Sat, was on my feet all night and they were fine on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

simple answer - wear them until the first sign of pain :) i rarely wear them but the result is fabulous. bf will agree 100%. kept for a beautful dress (never jeans) and i always have a thin pair of flats hiding on me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Without my heels, I'm less than 5' and I work in a financial institute where the dress code is "smart/business" so I'm usually in > 4" heels.

Don't mind wearing them, but I take them off the minute I get home/get into the car. And I'm quite partial to wearing heels and jeans on a night out. Other than my heels, I wear my buffaloes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

wtf are buffaloes?

Platforms made famous by the Spice Girls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Personally I think If you buy cheap shoes, prepare to suffer.

I have bought heels in the US in the designer outlets and could wear them from Morning til Night without discomfort.

I find it hard to find comfortable wedges? Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I wear heels nearly all the time….they have to be high too, as high as I can find without me being in my toppy-toes. Because I’m a midget.

I’m wearing very comfortable wedges now…cant remember where I got them tho...think on Grafton street – one of the shops there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Its a rare occasion that you would see me in heels, kitten heels are as far as I go. I mind one night I wore a pair everyone thought I was hammered cause I couldn't walk!! :) I'm 5'9' anyway so I don't see the need for them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I only wear them when I have to. Normally I will be in pretty flats. Im small but I dont actually care / mind. Will wear something with a bit of a heel if Im going out, purely for elongational purposes.

I love my comfort, but not uggy/furry booty things kind of comfortable though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

From a man's point of view.....women in high heels = ;) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm tiny without them, wear them as much as I can!

Have a major thing for shoes anyway, the higher the better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Heels look brilliant on women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

LOVE HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently sprained my ankle because i was wearing one, first day in heels after a month was on friday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Here ladies here are some tips. You never know when you might need them. :D

http://www.wikihow.com/Run-in-High-Heels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Does anyone know how to tell if heels are going to kill your feet all night BEFORE you buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I've never worn heels, i'm quite tall as it is and would feel extremely uncomfortable in heels with them making me even taller. Because of never wearing them i probably wouldn't be able to walk in them anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Piste wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to tell if heels are going to kill your feet all night BEFORE you buy them?
    dunno if it's the same but sometimes the heels of my shoes cut my ankles.

what i do is i soften them up by moving the heel part around a lot with my thumbs. i find it's a good way to break them in without the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

you normally break them in and they're fine. but theres always a couple of pairs tha no matter how many times you wear them they always end up hurting...ARGH!!
    most of mine are fine though...
    feet are sore today though from two nights i na row of High shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I love high heels, only wear them going out though. They rarely hurt me..alcohol consumption does the trick!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Quality wrote: »
    I find it hard to find comfortable wedges? Anyone else the same?

I got an excellent pair in Aldo last summer for about €80. I can wear them all day long, they look great with wide leg jeans. Pretty much the same http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=68200535&&var=d&ckey=UK&colorid=38

I adore heels and will usually wear them. My "going out" wear consists of shorts and dresses so they're generally appropriate. I like being tall and they make me feel sexy ;) I have three pairs that never give me any trouble, but in other cases I make like Amy Winehouse and carry a pair of ballet shoes with me. They fold up small and are less than €20 in Dance World.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ive 5 pairs so far but i want my collection to grow.Ive a lovely pair of red satin heels that i jsut adore!always wear heels on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

akamossy wrote: »
    I've never worn heels, i'm quite tall as it is and would feel extremely uncomfortable in heels with them making me even taller. Because of never wearing them i probably wouldn't be able to walk in them anyway :pac:

Only wear heels on a night out, but I'm tall too and I like the fact you can't miss me in heels. I have about six pairs of heels, and the cheap ones are definitely more likely to hurt.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'd wear small heels if I needed to be slightly dressed up during the day, but for nights out with the girls I feel better getting into a pair of high heels.

Boyfriend is the same height as me so for the past 2 years I've been wearing flats with him, (a) so he wouldn't develop some sort of complex of being 'short' and (b) I feel like a big fat giant when I'm beside him in heels sometimes :o

But last weekend, I wanted to wear this really pretty dress when going out for dinner with him, and said f*ck it, I'm wearing heels! The look on his face as he panned up my legs was well worth it! :pac:

I'm returning to heels!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

I nearly always wear heels, feel tiny without them!!
    Saying that going on holidays soon & will wear flats but at home-always in heels, dont feel the same without them!! never really bought into pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Love heels, only really wear them goin out tho! Cant wear them to work...civil engineer! :pac::D

Buying myself a new pair to wear out this wknd, birthday pressie for myself!

Check them out either:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=69335079&&var=d&ckey=US&colorid=96

or

(in red!)
    http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=67343251&var=d&ckey=US&

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Any other wimminz with me on this one, but a nice comfortable pair of heels has a way of making you feel sexier???

I love a nice heel. I'm short as it is. (5ft1) so I need the heels, but I cant do really high ones cause I'd just fall off em. But I do have some super sexy 3 inchers and only wear them going out. I like my flat dolly shoes for work.

ChewChew wrote: »
    Any other wimminz with me on this one, but a nice comfortable pair of heels has a way of making you feel sexier???

I love a nice heel. I'm short as it is. (5ft1) so I need the heels, but I cant do really high ones cause I'd just fall off em. But I do have some super sexy 3 inchers and only wear them going out. I like my flat dolly shoes for work.

I totally agree - the lengthen your legs and make them look slimmer and just make you feel better.

I always feel like a fat frump when I wear flat shoes (other than runners)

Jemmy wrote: »
    Love heels, only really wear them goin out tho! Cant wear them to work...civil engineer! :pac::D

Buying myself a new pair to wear out this wknd, birthday pressie for myself!

Check them out either:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=69335079&&var=d&ckey=US&colorid=96

or

(in red!)
    http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=67343251&var=d&ckey=US&

Fricken love them!

• Advertisement

The things about heels for me though is I can't wear a shoe unless they're Mary-Jane or there's a strap of some kind. I'm a size 3 and even at that I find I slip out of all shoes unless i'm literally strapped in! :o

Advertisement