Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high heels

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

LadyE wrote: »
    I totally agree - the lengthen your legs and make them look slimmer and just make you feel better.

I always feel like a fat frump when I wear flat shoes (other than runners)

+1

this is sooooo true. a sexy shoe = a sexy leg

Aspiration wrote: »
    The things about heels for me though is I can't wear a shoe unless they're Mary-Jane or there's a strap of some kind. I'm a size 3 and even at that I find I slip out of all shoes unless i'm literally strapped in! :o

I know what you mean chick. I much prefere a strap, and I'm a size 5 so I can only imagine how you feel. awwws. lol. But deffo a thumbs up for the strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Jemmy wrote: »
    Love heels, only really wear them goin out tho! Cant wear them to work...civil engineer! :pac::D

Buying myself a new pair to wear out this wknd, birthday pressie for myself!

Check them out either:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=69335079&&var=d&ckey=US&colorid=96

or

(in red!)
    http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=67343251&var=d&ckey=US&

They are both fab, I would end up with both of them.

However would probably get more wear out of the red!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I don't have great feet and high heels hurt me pretty badly, add to that I can't really walk in them so I avoid them. I do like wedges though, I have a nice pair from Marks.

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Good heels shouldn't hurt that much.
    I wore the 6 inchers on Sat, was on my feet all night and they were fine on Sunday.

Where did you get comfortable 6 inchers?

I love heels, I'm a bitch when I'm uncomfortable though. So nobody loves me in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I hate wearing or shopping for heels as I find it almost impossible to get a comfortable pair. I'm only 5"2 so they are a must when going out. I find it really hard to find a pair to fit though, I'm a size 4 1/2 so size four are far too small and five far too big. Nightmare!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

oh i do love my shoes but what happens if you can't afford to buy expensive shoes:( i know i really can't do the really high heels. but nothing better than after a great night out walking home in your bare feet holding your shoes. ive done it so often round the streets of dublin my poor guy still gets nervous for some reason. and the one time i did walk to my night link with my shoes on someone stood on my food and i ended up with a sprained foot:mad:

Sometimes Dunnes has the most comfortable heels ever.
    They aren't high but they are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I hate heels ever since some girl stood on my foot and fractured my metatarsel. :( They're evil, I swear, EVIL!

Never been much of a heel-wearer; will wear them with dresses and for fancy occasions, but on a regular night out I likes me flats! Comfort > appearance any day! My motto is that by midnight no one's going to notice anyway except for me and I may as well be in comfort. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I wore platforms every day in school. With me, it was the higher the heel, the better. I was forever in trouble for wearing them. Now I know why...my ankles are in bits and I'm only 24. I wear flats every day now, but on nights out I wear my heels. I recently bought a fabulous pair of sexy platform style heels in Schuh which I've been wearing a lot but are horrendously uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i LOVE heels but my favourite pair cripple me. they're so pretty and silver and shiny and beautiful but they were cheap so much pain ensues. i've been wearing flats loads lately but i'll go for heels if i'm wearing some sort of fabulous dress that deserves fabulous shoes and fabulous legs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

I don't like wearing heels-they make me feel way too tall:(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

iam 6foot so i dont ever wear heels.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Where did you get comfortable 6 inchers?

I love heels, I'm a bitch when I'm uncomfortable though. So nobody loves me in them.
    I have the pair in my Avatar from River island, €110 euro but lovely!!!
    Got the onther ones in office, the huge peep toe satin ones, I think they're only 5 inches though.
    http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office_(w)/real_high_plat._sandal/37/4120/13001/1
    If i think they might be a bit sore I'll bring those compeed plasters, the ones that look like skin.
    Or I'll stick a tiny pair of flats in my handbag for walking home in.

As for cheap shoes, I get a lot in New Look, but sometimes they hurt a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

*note to women*

wearing high heels alot when you go out can lead to men thinking you have shrunk when they see you in flats for the first time

Hey now you'd seen the shoes you knew how high they were what did you expect?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

hey I didn't know how high your heals usually were the first few time I met you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I hate wearing or shopping for heels as I find it almost impossible to get a comfortable pair. I'm only 5"2 so they are a must when going out. I find it really hard to find a pair to fit though, I'm a size 4 1/2 so size four are far too small and five far too big. Nightmare!:(

I'm the exact same shoe size as you, and a fellow shortie at 5 foot nothing. It's beyond annoying at this stage. No shops do half sizes anymore. Apparently it's too expensive for too small demand (even though that would be a few million people :rolleyes: ) a sympathetic assistant in Aldo told me.

I have pretty much no nice shoes at the moment as a result. :(

I have the pair in my Avatar from River island, €110 euro but lovely!!!
    Got the onther ones in office, the huge peep toe satin ones, I think they're only 5 inches though.
    http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office_(w)/real_high_plat._sandal/37/4120/13001/1
    If i think they might be a bit sore I'll bring those compeed plasters, the ones that look like skin.
    Or I'll stick a tiny pair of flats in my handbag for walking home in.

As for cheap shoes, I get a lot in New Look, but sometimes they hurt a lot.

I'm head over heels in lust with that Office shoe, especially the leopard print.
    I was about to give a :confused: to Susanna about the half sizes, I'm a 6 1/2, which is also a 40. I don't usually have a problem.
    But ~SNIFF~ they don't do that office must have in half sizes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Papillon87 wrote: »
    I'm the exact same shoe size as you, and a fellow shortie at 5 foot nothing. It's beyond annoying at this stage. No shops do half sizes anymore. Apparently it's too expensive for too small demand (even though that would be a few million people :rolleyes: ) a sympathetic assistant in Aldo told me.

I have pretty much no nice shoes at the moment as a result. :(

Same here I have like one pair of fives at the moment that I got in Dunnes that dont fall off. :( And you can forget about any shoes that arent backless. I was looking at a few American sites, size six usa seems to be a uk four and a half so I'm contemplating trying that.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm head over heels in lust with that Office shoe, especially the leopard print.
    I was about to give a :confused: to Susanna about the half sizes, I'm a 6 1/2, which is also a 40. I don't usually have a problem.
    But ~SNIFF~ they don't do that office must have in half sizes. :(

Call me your fairy god mother, :D
    Because of the size of the heels there is some slippage of the foot so your best bet is to go up half a size, go in and try a 7 on..they should fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

:o I have 90 something pairs of shoes.......only one of which are flats. I love high heels, am 5' 8" so don't necessarily need them but certainly love them.

Call me your fairy god mother, :D
    Because of the size of the heels there is some slippage of the foot so your best bet is to go up half a size, go in and try a 7 on..they should fit.

We need a MEGA thanks option!!

I'm :):):):):)

No probs at all, I have a size 6 pair but I'm only a 5ish:D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I LOVE high heels.....wear them whenever i can
    Got a gorgeous pair in barratts and they're actually comfortable :D:D
    http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10055_-1_35100_10553

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Trainers ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I'm going to a wedding afters so went a purchased a fab pair of court heels today but I know my feet will rebel - any tips ladies on how to wear them?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

did ya try heel liners....they stop the shoes from rubbing at the back?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I bought these for my sisters wedding a few weeks ago, and oh my god they are heaven to walk in, therefore I shall be wearing them on Friday!! :D

425-859-G33s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

kizzyr wrote: »
    :o I have 90 something pairs of shoes.......only one of which are flats. I love high heels, am 5' 8" so don't necessarily need them but certainly love them.

Holy crap! 90 pairs?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

BrynW wrote: »
    Holy crap! 90 pairs?!?!

I know:o I have quite the problem when it comes to shoes, coats and handbags.......just can't get enough of them. I only counted because the last time I bought a pair I had no where to put them, under the bed (double king size) completely full, both wardrobes in my bedroom totally full of shoes (the space at the bottom) spare room wardrobe again totally full. But they're fab:)

Advertisement