Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high heels

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

kizzyr wrote: »
    I know:o I have quite the problem when it comes to shoes, coats and handbags.......just can't get enough of them. I only counted because the last time I bought a pair I had no where to put them, under the bed (double king size) completely full, both wardrobes in my bedroom totally full of shoes (the space at the bottom) spare room wardrobe again totally full. But they're fab:)

That is an impressive collection! I suppose there are worse things you could be spending your money on! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

BrynW wrote: »
    That is an impressive collection! I suppose there are worse things you could be spending your money on! :p

Some of them are particularly impressive. I've recently discovered the Hard Hearted Harlot shoes and while they are very high are comfy enough. I think this is because there is a part platform sole so that heels don't feel as high as they actually are. .......but I can't actually pick a favourite pair out of the 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I wear them when having a big night out.. They do love fab and if you have spent a few quid on them, they generally don't hurt much.

Cheapie ones will, I know from experience:eek: Ouch...

Although, I got a gorgeous pair in Dunnes (they do half sizes) and they fit like a glove, so comfy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I hate you all with your pretty satin platforms.

In all seriousness though, I have big, wide feet, and I'm almost 6' tall. I recently spent a month shoe shopping for a wedding - I was wearing a plain black dress, so I could literally wear any heels once I could walk in them. I bought the ONLY pair I tried on in that month that fit me. Now, granted, I love them and would sleep in them if I could without taking the legs off myself, but am I alone in thinking 20+ hours of desperate shoe shopping should yield more than one pair of red slingbacks with a wooden kitten heel? Half sizes suck, but when it's an 8 and a half or 9 you're looking for, you might as well forget it. It's getting to the point where I can't even get flats anymore - they used to make pretty flats, but don't seem to be as generous with the sizes as they used to be. I adore the only pair of Underground shoes I have, but Office don't sell them anymore, and I've had such bad experiences with shopping online when it comes to shoes and clothes that I'm beginning to dispair. Just got an invite to another wedding yesterday, and I'm dreading trying to find shoes for it!

Sorry for the mini-rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

ChewChew wrote: »
    I bought these for my sisters wedding a few weeks ago, and oh my god they are heaven to walk in, therefore I shall be wearing them on Friday!! :D

425-859-G33s.jpg

Where will i find these?!?! Loving them!:D
    kizzyr wrote: »
    :o I have 90 something pairs of shoes.......only one of which are flats. I love high heels, am 5' 8" so don't necessarily need them but certainly love them.

Can i have them all?! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

These are the beautiful heels I bought for myself a few weeks ago. I absolutely love them (and tell everyone around me so, when I wear them).

1105469360_exlg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I do love heels and it's not that i wear them at any opportunity i can but I look forward to the weekend, or a dinner mid week where i can dress up and wear them. I suffered from a bad foot injury for 7 years so could wear my heels for an hour and then they'd kill me. I'm fine now though!

I have bunions and i find wedges are great for them, really comfortable!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm a student and mostly wear trainers. Heels for the occasion. Height depending upon my date. I'm 5'10" and over 6 feet in spikes. Have found that most lads don't want me towering over them.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Jemmy wrote: »
    Where will i find these?!?! Loving them!:D

Jemmy, you'll get these shoes in Next!!! :D

I LOVE heels! :D

Love love love them! I don't wear them daily, just when out.. and as I never wear jeans out.. (I'm a dress/skirt girl) its heels all the way!!!!

They are worth the pain, which tbh, isint that frequent. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I'm 5"5 and have no problem wearing 6inch heels on a night out.
    I just wouldn't feel dressed up whilst wearing flats tbh.
    My OH is 6"2, so I never tower over him, no matter what shoes I wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I absolutely h.a.t.e wearing heels.
    Gorgeous to look at but I literally *cannot* walk in them so I very rarely wear them. Plus I get pretty bad sciatica so I live in my UGG's, Dubes, Converse and ballet pumps. Ahhhhhh ballet pumps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I LOVE heels! :D

Love love love them! I don't wear them daily, just when out.. and as I never wear jeans out.. (I'm a dress/skirt girl) its heels all the way!!!!

They are worth the pain, which tbh, isint that frequent. :D

I think I am in love :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

im in LOVE with Louboutins

oh holy god.

i could stare at them all day.

these are my babies....

http://charlesandmarie.com/blog/maries_closet/wp-content/christian_louboutin_mouche_shoes.jpg

jsb wrote: »
    *note to women*

wearing high heels alot when you go out can lead to men thinking you have shrunk when they see you in flats for the first time

Yeah my boyfriend still giggles when I take my shoes off
    I love them and wear them as much as I can with the nature of my job
    My boss rolls his eyes at some of the shoes I wear in as I sometimes have to lug around equipment but I also have safety shoes in work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

oh holy god.

these are my babies....

http://charlesandmarie.com/blog/maries_closet/wp-content/christian_louboutin_mouche_shoes.jpg

I also love Christian Louboutins. Unfortunately the prices are too outrageous for me right now!! But they're gorgeous...

I love these
    w112761127.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

oh holy god.

these are my babies....

That is one super sexy pair of shoes, you did well there my friend;)
    I got a pair of black peep toe Louboutins last summer in Chicago. There were on sale and with the dollar exchange rate were such a bargin it would have been rude not to buy them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sandy123

Hate high heels, have to wear them to work (work in an office), its like some unwritten rule that every woman wears heels to work.....is it like that in all offices? so annoying!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

oh holy god.

these are my babies....

I have been trying to buy them shoes since I first saw them! Spent all my time in San Fran and Vegas looking for them to no avail. They were sold out everywhere. But back to Vegas on Tuesday and they have them in stock in Neimen Marcus. And the bonus is they have them in red too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

cacio wrote: »
    I have been trying to buy them shoes since I first saw them! Spent all my time in San Fran and Vegas looking for them to no avail. They were sold out everywhere. But back to Vegas on Tuesday and they have them in stock in Neimen Marcus. And the bonus is they have them in red too!!

I love heels! But boy do they kill my feet. I'd love to be able to wear them all the time. I couldn't go shopping or something like that in them because my feet would be killing me.

For those who say that good high heels don't hurt your feet. Where do you get these 'good' high heels? I've never had a pair that don't kill me at some stage. Saying that I ALWAYS wear them out on a sat night :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

sandy123 wrote: »
    Hate high heels, have to wear them to work (work in an office), its like some unwritten rule that every woman wears heels to work.....is it like that in all offices? so annoying!!:rolleyes:
    Are you actually told to wear them at work? If not, don't bother.

Yeah some high heels are fabulous - but very painful. Due to wearing really high platforms when I was a teen, I, like Nightwish, have messed my feet up - fallen arches and such. So I find heels very uncomfortable. Some of them are not wearable to be fair. But so good to look at - even just as fantastic works of design.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Where's the option in the poll that says, No, I never wear them, I find them uncomfortable, they give you bunions, and I can't run in them?

I'm 5' 2" and have never seen the need for high hells (I was going to correct the misspelling but it seems appropriate! :) ). I'm a professional woman, wear 'smart casual' for work and have a crate of suitable shoes in which I can do anything under my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's rubbish. Wear flats. It's nobody's business if you wear heels to work or not, particularly if you hate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aspiration wrote: »
    I also love Christian Louboutins. Unfortunately the prices are too outrageous for me right now!! But they're gorgeous...

I love these
    w112761127.gif
    They're amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I would have thought that could be classed as discrimination, it's not all that different from insisting that all female staff wear skirts afterall. I would suggest you switch to flats and if they try hassle you on it point out that it is discrimination and remind them of the fact that a young girl in Britain brought her school to court over the insistance that girls wear skirts as their uniform. What if you had a bad back already (high heels are not good for the back) or problems with the foot/ankle/calf that prevented you from wearing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

jsb wrote: »
    *note to women*

wearing high heels alot when you go out can lead to men thinking you have shrunk when they see you in flats for the first time

And???

The crotch of some mens jeans can be deceptive as well..... :D

Advertisement