Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dermal anchors??

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

hi. i've been considering dermal anchors for a while in place of surface piercings, as i've heard good things about easier healing etc. anyone know a good place to go to for them, preferably in the cork-kerry area??
    thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I don't know if anyone does them down there, wait for the cork crew to answer as im in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Wilburt wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone does them down there, wait for the cork crew to answer as im in dublin
    If you wouldn't mind can you toss us a good place for it in Dublin, it's on my to do list. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

.......i can recomend a really good place in belfast if thats any good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

.......i can recomend a really good place in belfast if thats any good! :D

yeah- i wouldn't mind travelling if they're good!

well, if ur ever up there, the parlour is called outsider, its in the in shops! The guy in there is one of the nicest guys ive ever met!! he done mine in such a way that they're dow under the layers of fat in my wrist, so they wont grow out! well worth a visit in my opinion

• Advertisement

thanks i'll definitely consider them!! sounds really good!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think the 'ring' dermal anchor in a finger looks really cool. Is it possible to take them out though or are the in for good?

You can take them out but it's quite sore and generally requires a scalpel...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Try Tattoo Zoo, in Cork - apparently their piercers are good. Not too sure if they do dermal anchors, but give them a shout anyways. My friend's sister's exboyf, Maurice, used to pierce there and he was amazing so if any of the piercers are like him, they'd do a good job.

Maurice now has his own studio in Tralee. Not too sure what the name of it is, but there's been mentionings of him around here on the forum.

Sounds like i'm plugging him, but i'm actually not- only met him once or twice but he pierced my friend which turned out pretty good, and he's had really good reviews.

I'll give a buzz around to see if anyone knows any other reputable piercers in Cork that do dermal anchors. Haven't heard of anyone though...

the place in tralee is called metal urges. i've been there for most of my piercings- i find they're brilliant in there.

• Advertisement

That's the one! They don't do dermal anchors?

i'm not entirely sure.... i must enquire next time i'm in there.

Cool - best of luck! They look deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Smiley Dogg in Cork do them..

speaking of dermals, i have two on my wrist, and theyv been going through a bit of a rough patch lately, the bottom startin swelling up, but thats okay now, but now the top one has flared up. Its a little swollen, kinda red and if i squeeze the side of my arm, it oozes goo. All the goo has come out now (i think) and the redness has gone down. I was just wonderin, shud i keep doin what im doing and see if it clears itself up, of are dermal infections harder to clear up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

What colour is the goo? doesnt sound great tbh,but best advice is to get the piercer who performed it check it out,they will set ya right

it was a pale yellowy colour, but it all seems to have calmed down a bit. Its still a bit red, but not swollen and not sore. The guy who done it is back up in belfast, so its a bit of a way to travel. I think i might give it a few days and see how she fares. I WILL NOT LOOSE IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

not cork or kerry but Aoife in Flaming Dice in dungarvan and clonmel does them they are savage. my mate has one in her neck in the middle of her tattoo, and aoife herself has one in her arm as hte eye of her Koi fish tat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Cody the piercer from Oblivion is back and set up upstairs in Bazzer's on Washington Street for the time being at least. I'm pretty sure he does microdermals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Guess who's baaaack?! Again! hahaha!

I had three wonderful dermals done by kay in wildcat, Ashbourne. They're absolutely wonderfully healed. Took to my skin really nicely and haven't had a single issue with them yet. Been there for four weeks now and I'm as happy as Larry, whoever he is! Jayz, just realised this post doesn't make any sense.... Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

I had three wonderful dermals done by kay in wildcat, Ashbourne. They're absolutely wonderfully healed. Took to my skin really nicely and haven't had a single issue with them yet. Been there for four weeks now and I'm as happy as Larry, whoever he is! Jayz, just realised this post doesn't make any sense.... Ah well.

I saw them, they are really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They look fantastic, the placement looks deadly :)
    (How'd ya get over Saturday night? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I'm happy enough.
    I like the idea of dermal anchors, the flexability they give is fantastic with regard to placement.
    They are a little more permanent than other piercings, and I'd reckon they'd leave more of a scar if removed - compared to surface bars, etc...
    In terms of incorporating them into a tattoo, I presume they'd go in after the tattoo is done? I'm just thinking that if it was done before then the tattooing might agrivate the area around - might even hit the leg of the anchor depending on how deep it is?

It;s usually a btter idea to get the dermal anchors done after the tattoo is done.

Advertisement