Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Recording Studio

Options
  • 16-06-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm not sure whether or not this is the right place to post this but, sure the mods will move it if it's not. I am in the middle of kitting out my new studio, which will be open for commercial use near Limerick city in the next few weeks.

I'll be listing the full spec of the equipment, prices, facilities and more once the studio is up and running. For now I have started a website for it www.slapittogetherstudio.com

I'm aiming it more at commercial production for radio and stage but will also be hoping to record music there too. It's a big space and will be well looked after in terms of equipment and facilities.

So, that's the story, check it out and, if you're in the area and want to have a look or a chat about future work, contact me through the site or Pm me here!

Thanks, Colum:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Hi Colum.
    Maybe repost when there's some detail on the site.
    I'd be interested in good pics of all the rooms and a gear list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

teamdresch wrote: »
    Hi Colum.
    Maybe repost when there's some detail on the site.
    I'd be interested in good pics of all the rooms and a gear list.

Sure will! Have most of the gear already so can put that up later. Obviously pics to follow when things are up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Welcome to the forum magicman1. There's a thread just for this kind of thing right here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055106349

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

Right then, a couple of weeks now to go until Slap It Together Studio becomes a reality. Here's a list of some of the equipment - Main Studio desk is the Yamaha O2R Version 2 running a TC Electronics Unit-Y plug-in.
    I also have a smaller Yamaha desk that can be used for recording live at venues. Since I'm also aiming towards the radio advertising side of things I invested in some top notch condenser mics from AKG and am going to use SM 58's for vocals. I'm using Behringer Truth passive studio monitors in the control room.

I'll be putting up some audio samples on the website in the next day or so.

www.slapittogetherstudio.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement