Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Esbjorn Svenssoon R.I.P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I'm listening to a couple of his albums now. Just brilliant.

There are a lot of people in Dublin that won't forget his live gigs here. The audience was just blown away by the beauty of the compositions, the technical mastery and the tightness of a combo that has played together for years.

A true original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I can't believe this
    He was an out and out genius and will be missed by anyone who appreciates music in one of its most purest forms.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Just heard about this a few minutes ago. Terrible loss.

Saw him play at Vicar Street last year - he was an incredible performer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

I met him after one of the Vicar Street gigs a couple of years back, seemed a total gent. All three of them had such time for their fans.

Was about 5 foot away from him in the front row at last years gig, and his energy was just incredible.

The musician in me has been, and will continue to be, inspired by his work.
    What a loss. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just heard, RIP Esbjorn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow, that's terrible. He was extremely talented altogether, that's a serious pity. I had only been introduced to his music in the last year, and still haven't gotten around to getting any albums. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Read this yesterday. A tragic loss. I was away last year when they played Ireland, and was planning on maybe going to see the trio on the continent. I guess I'll have to make do with the live dvd from Stockholm. It's a great dvd, and a great musician. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

That's shocking, what a tragedy. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Very unfortunate, RIP

He was such an important musician, and I know that his music introduced a lot of people to jazz for the first time. Sadly missed.

Advertisement