Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamped Driveway Sealant

• 16-06-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Guys,

I had a black Stamped driveway layed a couple of years ago, though it's got very dull over the last couple of years and look like it needs to be resealed. The Question is where I can buy this sealant? There were a couple of cowboys around my area awhile ago putting down a driveway like mine and he was looking for 600 Euro to re-seal. So I'm looking to do it myself.

B&Q don't seem to have anything like it and Woodies have a driveway paint, though I think what I need is a clear selant. I know you can get it in Matt and Gloss finish. Any help would be much appreciated?

thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

Where you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lars-irl

*Derek* wrote: »
    Where you based?

Dublin West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

try "Matcrete.ie"there in adamstown co wexford,
    and have everything stamped concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Lars-irl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

There were a couple of cowboys around my area awhile ago putting down a driveway like mine and he was looking for 600 Euro to re-seal. So I'm looking to do it myself.

thx.

i have seen this done and all they do is spray a light coat of tar on the drive. and by tar i mean a bitchumenous material( i can never spell that)

anyway i have seen this in woodies i think. suprised b+q dont have it

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-7956-International-Quick-Drying-Clear-Concrete-Sealer-750ml.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

try ardcavan concrete products (wexford) clear sealant sprayed on with a knapsack sprayer i think its €30 for 25sqm but dont quote me on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Had the same problem with my black stamped concrete garden that was done 2 years ago.. got it sorted yesterday.

Went to Manning building providers in Ralito (Dublin) and got a container of clear sealer (Had an address of Adamstown, Wexford on the container so must be from the same company that someone mentioned in a previous post)

Also got the dry black pounder which I mixed half of it into the full 5 liters of sealer and applied it to the ground using a soft house sweeping brush

Sealer cost: 50 euro
    Powder cost: 8 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

Had the same problem with my black stamped concrete garden that was done 2 years ago.. got it sorted yesterday.

Went to Manning building providers in Ralito (Dublin) and got a container of clear sealer (Had an address of Adamstown, Wexford on the container so must be from the same company that someone mentioned in a previous post)

Also got the dry black pounder which I mixed half of it into the full 5 liters of sealer and applied it to the ground using a soft house sweeping brush

Sealer cost: 50 euro
    Powder cost: 8 euro

Am in the same boat myself at the moment.

How much of an area did you cover with the above?

Advertisement