Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are these called?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im looking for a kind of hinge, for my friend, she has no idea what its called but she did a little pic for me which I have done up into a very crappy jpeg... does anybody know what these are called? I have seen them before but can not for the life of me remember where... If the image isnt clear enough let me know..

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

They're known as accordion hinges, but there might be a more common name for them. Havent seen them around in years to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Aren't you great... THANKS :D Saves me a lot of google time. As for the long time thing... I'm sure she will get them somewhere!

EDIT : This does not seem to be the most common name for them, I'm still having trouble locating them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Aren't you great... THANKS :D Saves me a lot of google time. As for the long time thing... I'm sure she will get them somewhere!

EDIT : This does not seem to be the most common name for them, I'm still having trouble locating them..

these peolpe may help as they make the extendable mirrors
    http://www.philipmorris.uk.com/prd.php?deptid=175

• Registered Users Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've seen these referred to as Lazy Tong hinges. No idea where you'd get them though.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i reckon you will have more look looking for scissor hinges

• Advertisement
Advertisement