Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuba Gear Cost

• 16-06-2008 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Provided that i have a pair of wetsuits, fins, and a decent mask - how much should the remaining gear neccesary for scuba diving set me back? BCD, Regulator, Tank, i don't really know what else i need..

Thanks to all!

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Sean,
    there is no magic answer. Sky is the limit :-)
    Seriously tho, I would look at buying a BCD and Reg next. Then computer, torch, tank, drysuit, more tanks, more regs, scooter, compressor, rib...

All depends on how serious of a diver you are. Where you dive, how you dive, and last but not least how you want to progress. and of course how much money you can spend... which get me back to your question.

look at what you pay for renting gear at the moment. How many dives you are doing (planning on doing over the next year or two) Sum it up and see how much you'll pay somebody else - if you have the cash, go and buy gear that is suitable for the environment you are diving in (i.e. Ireland all year round or just the Bahamas), you like (you are a guy, so color of you fins shouldn't be an issue when buying the BCD) and fits you.

/WD

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

you are a guy, so color of you fins shouldn't be an issue when buying the BCD) and fits you.

/WD

Prepare for a backlash...:D

Advertisement