Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Qashquai

Options
  • 16-06-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I've been offered a really good deal on an 07 Nissan qashquai (owner is moving to austrailia) was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this car?

Edit-it's 07 not 06 d'oh!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Maybe take this to the 4x4 section, youll probably get loads of replies here but they might not be so relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

it's more than likely not a 4x4, only a tiny percentage of these sold here would be 4x4. its a hatchback with a higher ride height.

I test drove one last year to appease my wife and to be honest it is a good car, quite boring but generally well equiped for it's price point.

I have no idea about realiability or ecomomy, there should be someone on here who would have first hand owner experience.

as a side point ... don't be tempted to put bull bars on the front of it like have seen around .. that is just a no-no

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They look awful, IMO. That said, they did get the highest score ever recorded in the Euro NCAP crash test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

the new one's (1.5diesel)will have lower tax and cheaper to buy with lower VRT of the list price. Look at the price of a new one post july to see if you are really geting such a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Anan1 wrote: »
    They look awful, IMO. That said, they did get the highest score ever recorded in the Euro NCAP crash test.

They look awful?? :eek:

I take it your not a jeep/4x4 driver then cause they look really, really nice and are well received by most people.

One of the best selling cars/jeeps (actually crossover is the word :D) in Ireland at present.

Fuel economy on the 1.5 Diesel is amazing; up to 60 MPG and combine that with €150 road tax per year and a VRT reduction of €2,500 from July 1 and you have some winning combination IMO

:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Thanks for the replies......I'm not interested in a 4x4 and i wouldn't really consider it as one (so definitely no bull bars :D) It's a really really good price so i'm fairly tempted to buy it have had an almera before so i'd be impressed enough with Nissan.

My mate has the 1.5 Diesel one, and its so easy on the juice he says he nearly forgets to fill it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

We have that engine in a Megane and its a cracking engine, fast and very frugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Scottie99

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

thanks scottie for that link....i'd say i'll go for it wont get anything like it for €18000 anywhere else

• Advertisement

tm2204 wrote: »

I take it your not a jeep/4x4 driver then cause they look really, really nice and are well received by most people.
    No, i'm a car enthusiast.
    One of the best selling cars/jeeps (actually crossover is the word :D) in Ireland at present.
    Sadly true. Unlike most Qashqai drivers though, I do occasionally need to cross a muddy field. Given that I also like driving, I bought a Subaru Forester XT. Goes like a car, looks like an (admittedly ugly) car, and can actually go off-road. Horses for courses, I guess..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Go for it, great car, no more to say:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

They are neither a 'jeep' (this is a Jeep) nor, in 95% of cases, a 4x4.
    No, i'm a car enthusiast.

Sadly true. Unlike most Qashqai drivers though, I do occasionally need to cross a muddy field. Given that I also like driving, I bought a Subaru Forester XT. Goes like a car, looks like an (admittedly ugly) car, and can actually go off-road. Horses for courses, I guess..:)

I wouldn't be quite that much anti- the Quasqai...
    I can see the appeal. Looks really smart, good spec, handy size and economical engines (diesel especially). However no matter how good that 1.5 oil-burner it just wouldn't have enough oomph for a car-head like Anan (or me). Plus, it has a whiff of cynical marketing exercise about it...
    Niall06 wrote: »
    Go for it, great car, no more to say:)

Eh...no...not a 'great' car by any strech of the imagination. A great marketing exercise and well executed, perhaps, but it won't exactly be going down in the anals of history like the DS, Quattro or (original) Mini...

As far as the OP is concerned though I would agree - a more stylish alternative to bland hatchbacks of similar cost. Just follow niceirishfella's advice to check out the post-July price of a new one...

pburns wrote: »
    I wouldn't be quite that much anti- the Quasqai...
    I can see the appeal. Looks really smart, good spec, handy size and economical engines (diesel especially). However no matter how good that 1.5 oil-burner it just wouldn't have enough oomph for a car-head like Anan (or me). Plus, it has a whiff of cynical marketing exercise about it...
    That was as much directed at tm2204 as the Qashqai! I don't like the idea of the Qashqai much, but it is by all accounts a good, safe car. Is the actual one the OP's looking at a 1.5 diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Eh...no...not a 'great' car by any strech of the imagination. A great marketing exercise and well executed, perhaps, but it won't exactly be going down in the anals of history like the DS, Quattro or (original) Mini...

Did you ever drive a original Mini? Far from a classic.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Well considering the design goes back almost 50 years you'd hardly expect it to drive like a modern car:rolleyes:...

The Mini deserves the 'classic' tag for a variety of reasons - mainly to do with it's innovative packaging, it's extraordinary competition success and it's status as a '60's fashion icon.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

That was as much directed at tm2204 as the Qashqai! I don't like the idea of the Qashqai much, but it is by all accounts a good, safe car. Is the actual one the OP's looking at a 1.5 diesel?

1.5 diesel is down €2,500 from July 1.

I ordered mine last week & got 3 years servicing free included (worth about €600-€700).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What's not classic about it?

Edit - to go back on topic, looking carzone, 18K is a few grand under the cheapest Qashqai going so if you like it, then why not.

Advertisement