Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 users - problems today?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Am using o2 modem thingy - worked fine up till this morning. For some reason today I can't access lots of sites in the UK - ireland, us are fine, and the very odd uk one, including bbc, but might have been an international site, mirrored or something - but most uk sites are coming up server not found. I work for an english company so am onto uk sites every day and vpn-ing etc and no problem but today for some reason I can't see them. It's not just a problem with their servers though as have checked other sites too. Also my email is going to people here ok but not people over there...

Called O2 and no joy there. Near Kells, co. Meath... anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I was in Westmeath yesterday and the connect speed was absolutely useless !

I couldn't get speeds higher that 5Kbps - it worked find last Wednesday when I was there.

I was getting 3 or 4 bars on HSPA / WCDMA so I don't think the signal quality was the issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hi Aisling, I'm located in Longford and am having the same problems as you - there's a lot of sites that just arn't working. I was on Urbandead.com last night and at about 12:30 this morning it just stopped working. I can't ping it nor browse it. And it's the same for a tonne of other sites I frequent.

Previously I'd have advised you to register on their forums (forums.o2online.ie) but mother of christ it's painful....They cancelled my membership when I gave the O2 number as being 0861234567 (I've not a clue what it is and havn't got a bill or the sim pack to get it from). Instead I noticed I was deleted before a cancellation email was received and fired off an email asking why, only to eventually receive that "You've been removed" message and assume it was an answer to my question - obviously leaving me pissed as it was a pretty vague "answer" to a very specific question...

It's an absolute stupid reason to remove users if you ask me, especially without giving them a chance to explain why they put in the wrong number or havn't got one, bad customer service right there!

Mind you, feel free to give it a go, you can point the CSR to this thread to see it's not only you having the problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chinese Mafia

There was a change to the Dark fibre due to an similar issue with it last week. I know Daryll On the O2 forum I will let him know about it but no doubt he has already seen this.
    Why don't you email him your Imei to get your mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

O2 actually seems to have disappeared from the Internet! Whatever the problem is, somebody is having a really bad day!

Our office has a Magnet internet connection and can't reach www.o2.ie. We have a few guys that use O2 Mobile Broadband and they can't connect into our office.

If you go to http://blacknight.ie/dns/ and type in o2.ie and press Check Domain, you will see how many different ISPs are having trouble connecting to O2 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aislingw

Thanks guys - glad to know it's not just me as the o2 woman implied... Will direct work to this thread to explain why I got nothign done today!! Can talk on msn but that's about it!!

• Advertisement

Hey Chinese Mafia, I've just emailed him there so hopefully I'll be able to get the mobile number and re-register.

Cregser - yeah, somebody or some people are having a bad day in O2 alright :D

I finally got registered on the O2 Forum later on (on the 16th) and the problem was fixed in about 3 hours after a number of threads popped up over there - there were DNS problems on O2's end but nice work on the smooth fix (Take note Hutchinson 3..DNS issues arn't so complex as to require even 1/10th of a M-M-Megathread :D)

Advertisement