Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring course

Options
  • 16-06-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I cant find any information from WIT on how to deferr a course.

I will be deferring in September but when do i have to do this and what has to be done??

Do you also know what is the date for deferring a course is ? Because i will not be in the country last two weeks in august and neither will my friend who is also deferring.

Can anyone help ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Contact the head of your course for assistance. All lecturers are supposed to be in the college until the 21st I think. Note: There is no guarntee your request for deferal may be accepted.

If the above fails, contact your school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

i didnt know their was no guarnette, i wont be there for first two months of the course if they wont deferre me lol.

thanks sully

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I cant remember how it works, but I think there is an interview panel? At least, you have to submit an application and they discuss each case and approve/disprove. I assume most people get it, but no guarntee..

Sure why not just go absent in the first two months, head back in and just catch up? The first month in many courses is never much anyway...

ah right cool, that should be alright.

Oh id never catch up never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yummum

hey,
    i defferred from athlone few yrs ago for nursing, i rang the head of the nursing and she told me to put in writing my case for defferral and gave me the address to send to, i sent straight away and got my deferral. but like that there is no garuntee-my god i cant spell- anyway, u shud ring and check it out. i needed to defer a second time but they wudnt let me, but that for another thread.lol.

def ring and try sort it out as soon as possible then ya dont have to keep stressing..
    good luck!

• Advertisement

thanks for that.. i sorted out the reasons why i wont be around so i wont be deferring and will be taken my place ..

thanks for yer help!!

Glad all worked out for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yummum

best of luck, glad it all worked out.

thank you :)

Advertisement