Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONSTRUCTION STUDIES 08 EXAM

Options
  • 16-06-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey:D i am wondering if anybody knows any hints or whats coming up in this exam because i dont no much:confused:anybody any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

learn as many building details as possible, q1 has to be done and there is usualy another one or 2. Health and saftey comes up some years, easy enough. U values is a total banker learn that, its not too hard, we neved did it in school but i learned it from the book in an hour or so last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shadowspawn

I am not sure what is comming up for question 1 but our teacher told us that fireplace detail is VERY likely to come up. Also learn water distribution in house and underground, cold and warm water systems aswell as septic tanks and above ground wasterwater treatment systems(one pipe system). I have a feeling that housing regulations for wheelchair user might come up and safey is also likely to come up (its easy points,mostly common sense).

Learn stairs as it its likely to come up as a full question and how to weatherproof a chimney and abutment detail. U-values is the easier part of the paper even if your crap at maths.

I was wondering if people have any tips on what Q1 Might be besides fireplace....?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Attached please see link for how HL 2007 exam was marked.

It contains useful sketch diagrams of closed loop heating systems etc plus it gives a good idea how brief or extensive your answers should be.

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2007/LC029ALPO00EV.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 4dsnare

our teacher told us that the bottom 3 steps of a stairs was coming up, its never been asked before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Stairs came up in my mocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

when your writing your answers can you just write in bullet point form or does it have to be like a paragraph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 steffi-nof

Hey:D...im reli confused about this exam!!....any other tips besides the fireplace detail for Q1:confused:???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

wat was question 1 for last year

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Can anyone link me to a site that explains how to do the U-Value, never learned anything in school, so don't have a book, tried to learn it from the marking scheme but it did not seam helpful.

Advertisement