Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom line contract?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a phone line in my house but it's not active. If I activate it, am I tied into a contract with eircom or can I immediately move to another provider for line rental and broadband?

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

You contact whatever company you wish to get a phone and/or broadband with. Tell them the line is not active at the moment. Depending on the company either they will contact eircom or ask you to contact eircom to re-activate the line. You will be charged a re-connection fee from eircom. But no contract.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There is no contract period for phone lines (pstn) however there normally is for DSL services on a pstn line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Edser wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a phone line in my house but it's not active. If I activate it, am I tied into a contract with eircom or can I immediately move to another provider for line rental and broadband?

Ed

Just ring eircom and get the line activated. There is no contract with you and Eircom so you are free to move to any other provider. Once your line is activated give it a few days and then check if your line is capable of broadband. You can check here.

http://www.eircom.ie/check

Once you do order broadband there normally is a minimum contract period of 12 months with the provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Thanks all.

Advertisement