Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo

Options
  • 16-06-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi folks, Just bought a new cz .22 bruno. (Received license today) Collecting it tomorrow evening. Any recommendations on ammo?? i was told cci is a good make and also federal. i would be grateful if you could give me your opinions.
    Cheers, Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

is it a .22lr?

eley subs or winchester subs. Mine like the eley ones.

I found cci subs good value but they were quite difficult to cycle in the rifle and I hear reports of a few per hundred going supersonic.

try out a few and see which the rifle and your pocket prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Hi Beemer.
    I found Lapua Club subs and Eley subs are best in my CZ Style 22lr both around €40 x 500. Federal HV Champion were OK for a High Velocity round cheap at €23 for 525 box. It did not like the Remington subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 beemer330

Vegeta wrote: »
    is it a .22lr?

Hi Vegeta, Meant to mention it's a lr.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

+1 for the Eley subs - once you figure out the ballistics you'll get around an inch at 100yds. It being a CZ, you'll probably need some work on the trigger. I havent done it, but I believe there's some great upgrades available

• Registered Users Posts: 36 beemer330

clivej wrote: »
    Hi Beemer.
    I found Lapua Club subs and Eley subs are best in my CZ Style 22lr both around €40 x 500. Federal HV Champion were OK for a High Velocity round cheap at €23 for 525 box. It did not like the Remington subs.

Thanks Clivej, thats a great help. I don't mind payin the xtra few bob for the rounds if they're worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

You never mentioned what you intent to shoot?? This is an important factor in deciding on suitable ammunition. My advise is thus, the rifle will tell you what it likes in time. Try various brands and bullets types and see how it goes.

My personal choice......

Winchester SuperX subs - Fur
    Lapua club subs - Paper

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I also have the brooks kit fitted, red tube, second lightest spring. With the Lapua club I'm doing 5 x 5 shot groups @50m and a Euro coin will cover them all.
    I have the CZ Style with the synthetic stock. The stock was touching the barrel at the front, so I cut a small bit of plastic from the bottom insert of a Dunnes stores recycle bag and put it under the barrel behind the front stud lug to lift the barrel off the stock. Cheap and easy way of floating the barrel. Seems to have worked OK.

Advertisement