Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths!!

Options
  • 16-06-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I know its on Friday but Any1 know what to study? / Is it possible to do the quoz like thing like the Physics one .... I feel so confused!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I for one am doing 2 questions a day , except for thursday, where I have a party and do 3.

I would say start study at maybe collisions, seems to be the most straight forward of all the apt maths course. I should probably be studying now though

What do you mean by "quoz like thing" ?. I'm gonna go study

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

you cant really do the quoz. theres not really any definitons in Applied Maths. I havent studied applied maths in weeks and i'm gonna try to get an A2. Might only get a B1 tho. I have economics on Wed so i can't study it mcuh over the next few days. Im going full out of wed and Thurs tho. as many questions as i can from the past papers!!!!! good luck. just get the methods right and you'll do really well. slips are only -1 if the method is correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Yeah, I'm just going to do loads of exam questions and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

I am terrible at Oblique collisions and finding the Shortest distance in Relative Velocity, Anyone want to give me any pointers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

They are both done very well in the book. :) (the brown one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I am terrible at Oblique collisions and finding the Shortest distance in Relative Velocity, Anyone want to give me any pointers?

Skoool.ie do a nice section on Relative Velocity. Their section on Collisions isn't as good, but it's decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 acidstorm

raah! wrote: »
    They are both done very well in the book. :) (the brown one)
    Wow! Done about a few hrs on collisions, cant seem to get the "Ball hitting the plane from a height h" thing!

Very Confusing and Annoying!?:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Can anyone list all the definitions you hav to know plz!!!

And when defining can you use equations like in physics eg. impulse=mv-mu and then explain the letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

smndly wrote: »
    Can anyone list all the definitions you hav to know plz!!!

And when defining can you use equations like in physics eg. impulse=mv-mu and then explain the letters?

no i think you have to give it in words.

is the impulse imparted the initial momentum of the first ball - final momentum of the second ball. or the initial momentum of the first ball - final momentum of the first ball or initial momentum of the secondball - final momentum of the second ball?

I'm not sure if i'm gonna do collisions cos i dont really like them. but can anyone tell me that cos i need collisions as a backup.

Advertisement