Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of Umbrellas

• 16-06-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Maybe somebody here can help me.

I absolutely HATE umbrellas. I think they're disgusting. Don't like them near me at all and if one touches off me I shudder. Bloody hate them!! I avoid holding them and I try not to look into the middle of them. It's so ugly!!

Is there a name for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Don't think so.

Are you really tall? I know a lot of tall people who hate umbrellas because short people poke into them with them. It's not really a phobia though.

What do you do when it rains? I take it you don't use an umbrella! Do you just let yourself get wet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Maybe somebody here can help me.

I absolutely HATE umbrellas. I think they're disgusting. Don't like them near me at all and if one touches off me I shudder. Bloody hate them!! I avoid holding them and I try not to look into the middle of them. It's so ugly!!

Is there a name for this?

umbrellaphobia ......very common among very young Communion going gals dressed in white with a fake tan taken wafer thin biscuits as an aphrodisiac!!!

/ok i know were my coat is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

pebbles21 wrote: »
    umbrellaphobia ......very common among very young Communion going gals dressed in white with a fake tan taken wafer thin biscuits as an aphrodisiac!!!

/ok i know were my coat is!

What? That doesn't even make sense.

Please try to stay on topic. Spanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

watna wrote: »
    Don't think so.

Are you really tall? I know a lot of tall people who hate umbrellas because short people poke into them with them. It's not really a phobia though.

What do you do when it rains? I take it you don't use an umbrella! Do you just let yourself get wet?

No I'm actually very small and always seem to get smacked in the head with them. I'm terrified one will poke my eyes out!!! :(

I know it's on odd phobia but I really, really, really don't like them! I don't use them, I pull my hood up instead. My job requires out door work so we're all being given our own umbrellas tomorrow... the thought of it.. ewww.

Y'know they're not so disgusting when they're closed up though. Less yucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

+1 for naming it Umbrellaphobia... I suffer from a fear of long words which ironically is called Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

/Runs away...

• Advertisement
Advertisement