Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgetting The Leaving!

Options
  • 16-06-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Ive just finished today with physics and feel like for the next few months (until those results!) Ill be able to completely forget about how I did or if ill get my points!

What does anyone else think, you gonna be worrying about the past or just gonna relax and enjoy one of the best summers of your life??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Forget about it and enjoy your summer, i know when i did my leaving cert the way i saw it was its done now and i didn't worry about it til the week of the results.

I never saw the point in worrying about something i couldn't change and never worry about points, theres a back door into everything, if you don't get what you want now, doesn't mean that in a few years down the line you can't do it because you can.

So just for now, relax and have a blast of a summer :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

What exams?!! I finished last week and honestly they are just a blur now, I have way more important things to be doing!

Edit: OP, Tom Petty fan ;)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

When I finish on Friday (grumble grumble 2 exams left) I'll be completely forgetting about all of it, and frolicking in the fields with the rabbits.

Of course I'm doing physics for all of July but still. Nothing is as bad as the Leaving Cert.

As akamossy said, no point worrying about something you can't change! You've already given the LC however many months... have your summer for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

**** 3 more tests...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Twee. wrote: »
    What exams?!! I finished last week and honestly they are just a blur now, I have way more important things to be doing!

Haha i like your thinking.. i hope to have a week like that!

Yeh you could say Tom Petty was the inspiration for the name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

No need to worry about them, you can get a close estimate of your score right now!. If you have your paper you can just go through it and correct it yourself (although it would be hard this far after the exam)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Burner- wrote: »
    **** 3 more tests...

Me too and im counting them all:(

After app maths i will be :D:D:p:p:pac:

you'll be face?

that's dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 acidstorm

When I finish on Friday (grumble grumble 2 exams left) I'll be completely forgetting about all of it, and frolicking in the fields with the rabbits.

Of course I'm doing physics for all of July but still. Nothing is as bad as the Leaving Cert.

As akamossy said, no point worrying about something you can't change! You've already given the LC however many months... have your summer for yourself!

You will be doing Wha!!!
    How do you mean?

As For me I'm gonna get Sun Certified (Java Programmer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fated2pretend

Finished today as well, and yes, I hope to completely forget about exams for the next 2 months.

I think they went all right, though, so that'll help :p

Have a killer summer, everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

after applied maths i am getting so wasted!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Turquoise

Hopefully just completely forget about it once I have my CAO sorted, but I'll probably be having nightmares for the next two months.
    Last night I dreamt the accounting paper was full of higher level maths and I completely messed it all up.

acidstorm wrote: »
    You will be doing Wha!!!
    How do you mean?
    Going to Vietnam for the Physics Olympiad. Gotta spend about 2 weeks in DCU though, Physics-in' it up before hand.
    So I keep thinking about the LC and thinking about the luxurious summer beyond it, but really I've got about a 2 week break and then back to work. Still. It's not poetry, or french tapes, or any of that stuff. Can't be that bad, and a free trip to the far east like.

I'd say I'll get a bit nervous about the LC the day before the results, but until then... definitely out of my mind. After Friday, that is. ;_;

Physics olympiad? What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I am :D

One exam left and I feel like I've finished already but i still have economics to study for .:( :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Going to Vietnam for the Physics Olympiad. Gotta spend about 2 weeks in DCU though, Physics-in' it up before hand.

NERRRRRRRD!!! :pac:

Nah, that actually sounds great. A mate of mine went to Vietnam last year and said it was an amazing trip. Best of luck :)

raah!: http://ipho2008.hnue.edu.vn/default.aspx Just an international physics competition for pre-college students, pretty much.

I hate physics( despite loving maths and app maths)

just thought i'd mention that!

That trip sounds class tho.

Is it super secret? This is the first I've heard of it..... I suppose I should read the thing

hmm, so did you just apply for this? Or did they find you or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Seriously, the results will come so quickly! They will be the last thing on your mind 'til about 2 weeks before getting them. That's when the countdown begins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

NERRRRRRRD!!! :pac:

lol.

raah! wrote: »
    Is it super secret? This is the first I've heard of it..... I suppose I should read the thing

hmm, so did you just apply for this? Or did they find you or something?
    It's probably not terribly well advertised... I was invited 2 years ago on account of my Junior Cert results, for the Junior one, so I knew about it then, though this is the senior one. The first round in Ireland was in DCU in January or so (during my mocks, hurray), 14 were chosen, then the last 5 were picked from a second test in April there.
    You apply for the first round yoke, basically your physics/chemistry/biology (since there are other olympiads too) teacher sends their best students/anyone who's interested along, and you see how you get on. The first qualifier is just LC/A Levels material.

Mark will win
    Do you know who im talkin about??

I don't have a hope against Mark. Still, if anyone on the Irish team wins anything, it's a victory. Doesn't have to be me. ¬.¬

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

We're all rooting for purplefizzmeister anyway! lol:p

AH 3 MORE EXAMS....just thought id mention that

It's probably not terribly well advertised... I was invited 2 years ago on account of my Junior Cert results, for the Junior one, so I knew about it then, though this is the senior one. The first round in Ireland was in DCU in January or so (during my mocks, hurray), 14 were chosen, then the last 5 were picked from a second test in April there.
    You apply for the first round yoke, basically your physics/chemistry/biology (since there are other olympiads too) teacher sends their best students/anyone who's interested along, and you see how you get on. The first qualifier is just LC/A Levels material.

aaaah, I think I may have encountered the maths version of this back in.... whatever junior cert year.

Good lurk anyway

Advertisement