Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No License?!

Options
  • 16-06-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi All

Recently was pulled in by Gardai for speeding I was asked to produce my license to my local station within ten days. I then went looking for my license I couldn’t find it I went to tax office in Ballymun to reapply I was told then my license had been out of date since February!! Is this a serious offence 10 days has now passed without producing my license as I am still waiting on it in the post! Should I expect a massive fine and a court date?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, pretty much.

It would have helped your case to go down to the station without the licence and explain the situation, but you'd probably still be summonsed.

I'd have a chat to solicitor to find out what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Driving on an expired licence is a very minor offence. Not explaining that it had expired to the Gardai within 10 days is more serious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 giz-a-kiss-dar

you should go down to the local station and try explain to them your sitation, as far as i no a friend of mine was cought on a simular case and he had to go to court [he repesented himself because he didnt hav money for a solicator] explained to the judge and he recieved €150 fine, which in my book is cheaper than gettin banned off the road and havn to pay taxi's for 6months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

you should go down to the local station and try explain to them your sitation, as far as i no a friend of mine was cought on a simular case and he had to go to court [he repesented himself because he didnt hav money for a solicator] explained to the judge and he recieved €150 fine, which in my book is cheaper than gettin banned off the road and havn to pay taxi's for 6months?

Defo go down to the station and explain to the garda that it was a mistake on your half and am very sorry and show that you have a new licence and it wont happen again.

Not a big deal garda "should" give u a break

P.s. wear something nice and have nice perfume on and....oh i can dream:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

OP, you should have just went to your local station the moment you found out you lost your licence and explain the situation and you would have most likely been told to come in straight away after getting your licence renewed. Most members of the Garda are very reasonable people you know. Get in touch with them asap.

Advertisement