Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Over supply of teachers

• 16-06-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Thinking of going into the teaching profession(secondary maths) in a couple of years. One thing that has me worried is that there seems to be a over supply of secondary teachers. Im aware that its particulary difficult to get a permanent after the hdip. Its also unpleasant to read from this forum that for the work experience on the hdip, people are finding it harder to get to get teaching hours.
    So is it fair to say that there seems to be a over supply of
    teachers at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chitterchatter

Great Qs! Something I want to know the answer to myself...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For Maths, perhaps.
    Our school has been trying for four years to give a full time job to a Home Economics teacher. No takers so far.

Advertisement