Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Lists for next year

Options
  • 16-06-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Hey!

So the results have made me wana work harder!! :eek: *shock *horror

I've been trying to find out what texts I'll have to read next year but I can't seem to find any. I really wana start reading now so I wont be so stuck for time in September, particularily for English. (2nd year)

Is there anyway to try find out?

Thanks guys :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Can't help you here but if anyone is going into final year pharm I can give them all the reading lists if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Best bet is to contact the departments directly. Do me a favour and find out the 3rd year English reading list when you ring the department ok? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Brimmy wrote: »
    Best bet is to contact the departments directly. Do me a favour and find out the 3rd year English reading list when you ring the department ok? ;)

Seconded. Democracy in action people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

20010 - Reading the Middle Ages

Chaucer, Geoffrey. Riverside Chaucer gen. ed. Larry Benson. 3rd ed. Oxford:OUP, 1988.

Langland, William, ed. A.V.C. Schmidt. The Vision of Piers Plowman: ‘B’ Text. 2nd ed. London: Everyman, 1995.

Staley, Lynn, ed. The Book of Margery Kempe. Norton Critical Edition. New York: W.W. Norton, 2001 or Windeatt, Barry, ed.

The Book of Margery Kempe. London: Penguin Classics, 1985.

Everyman and Medieval Miracle Plays, ed. A.C. Cawley. 3rd edition. London: Everyman, 1993.

20020 - 18th Century literature

Frances Burney, Evelina (OUP or Broadview)
    William Godwin, Caleb Williams (OUP)
    Ann Radcliffe, The Italian (OUP)
    Samuel Richardson, Pamela (OUP)
    Laurence Sterne, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy (OUP)

There are separate 'reading lists' for each book itself, but tbh the modules are a lot easierthan the 1st year ones. I can honestly say I read none of the required texts, went to none of the tutorials and about 15% of the lectures, both essays in both courses were 2 weeks late (I know, too cool for school etc...) and came out with a B- and a C+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

jimi_t wrote: »
    20010 - Reading the Middle Ages

Chaucer, Geoffrey. Riverside Chaucer gen. ed. Larry Benson. 3rd ed. Oxford:OUP, 1988.

Langland, William, ed. A.V.C. Schmidt. The Vision of Piers Plowman: ‘B’ Text. 2nd ed. London: Everyman, 1995.

Staley, Lynn, ed. The Book of Margery Kempe. Norton Critical Edition. New York: W.W. Norton, 2001 or Windeatt, Barry, ed.

The Book of Margery Kempe. London: Penguin Classics, 1985.

Everyman and Medieval Miracle Plays, ed. A.C. Cawley. 3rd edition. London: Everyman, 1993.

20020 - 18th Century literature

Frances Burney, Evelina (OUP or Broadview)
    William Godwin, Caleb Williams (OUP)
    Ann Radcliffe, The Italian (OUP)
    Samuel Richardson, Pamela (OUP)
    Laurence Sterne, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy (OUP)

There are separate 'reading lists' for each book itself, but tbh the modules are a lot easierthan the 1st year ones. I can honestly say I read none of the required texts, went to none of the tutorials and about 15% of the lectures, both essays in both courses were 2 weeks late (I know, too cool for school etc...) and came out with a B- and a C+.

Huh?? :eek:

We've already done all of the above texts!!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

http://www.ucd.ie/englishanddrama/academic%20year%202008_09.html

Most of the reading lists from last year are also on the English website.

Advertisement