Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Rough Re-wire Quote Required

Options
  • 16-06-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

2000 approx Sq ft Victorian house in need of full renovation.

Total Rewire Needed.

New Consumer unit/fuse box. Pretty much 4 double sockets in every room needed. (Everyone has lots of TV and computer gear) Excluding standard Kitchen, two bathrooms and immersion wiring which is a given, thats 7 rooms with 4 doubles each and 2 smaller rooms with 2 doubles meaning 32 double sockets.

In addition, Alarm wiring, 9 runs of Cat 6, 9 runs of phone, 9 runs of Sat cable, ie a run of each to every room. with a hub/switch and appropriate splitters that will be split in 4 to have an accompanying Phone/Ethernet/Sat socket alongside each double power socket.

Are we talking 30 grand?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

What about the door bell, smoke & heat detectors & the heating control, Cooker , bonding , immersion in hot press, earth rod ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sorry I worded that totally wrong. I meant to give detail of the special requirements like the 4 doubles in each room and the cat 6 etc and including (not excluding) all the usual stuff like earth rods, cooker points immersions that 'are a given'.

Re-reading the post, I don't think I could have worded it any worse. This reply isn't much better!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Rough guide would be 10 to 12 grand, at least you know what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I'd say closer to 15000. Cat 6 isn't cheap....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

E. Fudd wrote: »
    I'd say closer to 15000. Cat 6 isn't cheap....

Not that expensive. €151 for 300m is quite cheap I think!
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=302017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Is that 15000 for everthing lads? ie everything I said and everything bertie mentioned too?

If so thats cool! Half of what we were expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

MickLimk wrote: »
    Not that expensive. €151 for 300m is quite cheap I think!
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=302017

Surely thats a typo..... it must be 300 feet! Thats what a box of cat v comes as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

E. Fudd wrote: »
    Surely thats a typo..... it must be 300 feet! Thats what a box of cat v comes as!

Don't think so. Got a box of 100m Cat5e from them a while back and it was 100m @ €40 odd... They have both 100m & 300m.

Advertisement