Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another respec.. This time arena

• 16-06-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Story lads,

I am completly bored ****less of wow atm, and to try and keep my interest ive decided to set up a 2v2 and 3v3 arena team. Will probably set up a 5v5 too just to try get more points... Well i hope it works that way.

Things seem to be going alright so far, granted we are getting ownedby teams in much better gear. But were able to take 1/2 of them out every time and even win a few. But the problem is, i cant find a difinitive spec for a hunter aimed at arena. There are so many choices out there, and i understand i will need to spec differently when i 2v2/2v2 and then 5v5.

Anyone have a perfect spec for this, as 41/20 BM/MM isnt the may west as its missing silencing shot. Am i also right in thinking that 2 teams should give more points then 1 team ? and that 3 should give more again ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

nah you get points from what ever bracket would give you the most. So you only get points from 1 team per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

bollocks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

You play the game to much, and you know what they say about to much of a good thing ?

MM spec is best for arena so im told. I don't like it my self and just use BM even in arena. In 2 v 2 i get a raiting of 1600 to about 1650 if i want to go higher i prob would need to change spec. Also an upgrade in pvp gear would help both of us as our gear is poor.

Also your team must play a least 10 games a week to get points. And in that team u must play 30% of all games played for you to get points. You could be in 3 teams but will only get points from 1 team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nerfmenow

BM is easy sauce for 2v2 if you get a decent resto druid with you. Resto druid + BM hunter should be able to break 1600s/lower 1700s pretty easily. 1750+ gets a little harder as you'll start to run into combos that dominate the upper brackets [specifically Warrior/Druid which is one of the most difficult 2v2 combos to beat, closely followed by Warlock/Shadow priest]. Then again, I broke 2K with a pretty average combo [my partner was a rogue, I'm a frost mage]. If you have good chemistry and coordination you can get pretty far in 2v2. [I've seen warrior/mage combos at 2300 ratings legit without queue dodging].

Would like to work on getting my arena raiting up now. I have never tried hard with arean, think 1650 is the best i have gone to my self. But im really thinking of trying to see how far i can go one of these days. But so far the people i have played with we just dont seem to click.... Maybe its just me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Wookie5

Nerfmenow wrote: »
    BM is easy sauce for 2v2 if you get a decent resto druid with you. Resto druid + BM hunter should be able to break 1600s/lower 1700s pretty easily. 1750+ gets a little harder as you'll start to run into combos that dominate the upper brackets [specifically Warrior/Druid which is one of the most difficult 2v2 combos to beat, closely followed by Warlock/Shadow priest]. Then again, I broke 2K with a pretty average combo [my partner was a rogue, I'm a frost mage]. If you have good chemistry and coordination you can get pretty far in 2v2. [I've seen warrior/mage combos at 2300 ratings legit without queue dodging].

Whats queue dodging?

BTW 2v2 hunter team.. drain team works well with druid or disc priest. need to spec mm\surv taking the improved trap times 12 trap ftw alomg with improved arcane shot and improved viper sting. I can link the build when i get home from work

Also BM hunter with shadow priest... SP takes all the dmg and stacks resilence and stam.. the bm hunter does all the dmg. In s3 I got to 1820 rating with this combo just shy of getting my bow :(

Wookie5 wrote: »
    Whats queue dodging?

BTW 2v2 hunter team.. drain team works well with druid or disc priest. need to spec mm\surv taking the improved trap times 12 trap ftw alomg with improved arcane shot and improved viper sting. I can link the build when i get home from work

Also BM hunter with shadow priest... SP takes all the dmg and stacks resilence and stam.. the bm hunter does all the dmg. In s3 I got to 1820 rating with this combo just shy of getting my bow :(

Oh thats real good, thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nerfmenow

Queue dodging happens [usually really late at night when few people are playing - ie, 4am] when 2 teams click "Enter Arena" at the exact same time in order to get paired against each other. By doing this they can win trade games or power level someone's personal rating by exchanging wins or losing on purpose.

Advertisement