Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest Broadband...Company are Paying

Options
  • 16-06-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hallo, I am moving back from Germany, and I will continue to work for my German company. I, of course, need broadband in Ireland to manage this. By the nature of my job, I will need to upload and download large files. Anyone any advice for me? As I have been away for 5 years, I havenae clue about what companies or offers are good or not at home... Hilfe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The list of providers is normally limited to where you are based?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

1) Don't assume you can get any Broadband
    2) Best supplier does depend on where you are
    3) Most DSL that isn't eircom is resold eircom
    4) Wireless products vary from ISDN speed to better than DSL speed
    5) UPC Cable BB quality depends on part of network. A couple of places have very fast non-UPC cable (UPC is previously Chorus or NTL cable)
    6) It depends which house you are in, never mind the street.

See sticky on top of Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

watty wrote: »
    3) Most DSL that isn't eircom is resold eircom

Who's offering their own at this stage ? It was Smart, Digiweb and Magnet, wasn't it ? Are there any new ones since ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Where are you moving back to? There could be a chance there isn't broadband in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who's offering their own at this stage ? It was Smart, Digiweb and Magnet, wasn't it ? Are there any new ones since ?

Smart & Magnet are main LLU (non-eircom DSL). There is some BT & Digiweb too. With rules changing maybe this will change, though the wholesale line rental for LLU operators is still higher than most Euro retail.

But it's 2:1 odds you have to get Wireless/Metro. Cable pretty much only covers DSL areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement