Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nokias (E66 and E71)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yeah, images have been floating about since January... Am waiting for e71 - looks like a Sept. release... Loads of info plus video review at www.boygeniusreport.com or www.ixplora.com/forums :)
    e71 will be available in a cool black and white...
    The video review is impressive: real youtube via built-in browser loads super fast; menus very fast as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

E71 comes in at €494 on Expansys

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=169191

So this would be about the same price as an N95 8GB after operator subsidy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

I'm really looking forward to the E71. Any further info on the release date from any of the major operators? Expansys has it due on Thursday 31st July

It'll be between this and the Balckberry Bold for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

liking that E71 very much...too bad I recently got an E51 though

According to the Vodafone forums these are coming to the UK in Q4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

E71 looks real nice. Am looking at it or the blackberry bold as a replacement for my aging and battered e61.

Both are about equal in specs except the e71 has an fm radio which would be nice on the way into work on the dart!

Decided to get one for myself...have to say it's pretty cool.

Got 2 for friends as well, but they've changed their minds

long_b wrote: »
    According to the Vodafone forums these are coming to the UK in Q4

q4? Shock! Available at play.com etc for around £300 simfree... Very tempting compared to q4... Hm?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

expansys.ie already have the e66 for pre-order.

I hope we get them before q4! I'm dying to replace my e65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I like the look of the E66!

Is there any more news on the release dates for these phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

admol wrote: »
    Is there any more news on the release dates for these phones?

you can already buy E71's

on expansys it says the E66 Availability: Due Saturday 9th August

but expansys have a habit of pushing the dates on just as the 9th is approaching. spent about 2 months waiting for my Eee PC from them before i canceled it

has anyone heard anything on when these will be released in Ireland? I've two contracts up in September, and I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the first network that releases the e66...

towel401 wrote: »
    you can already buy E71's

on expansys it says the E66 Availability: Due Saturday 9th August

but expansys have a habit of pushing the dates on just as the 9th is approaching. spent about 2 months waiting for my Eee PC from them before i canceled it

expansys are useless, they did the same with my eeepc. just get e71 from rose528400 on ebay, they are 310 euro plus 15 for delivery via fedex from singapore. Howardforums readers on the s60.howardforums.com are buying from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Flodis79, let me know how you get on with that order - how long it takes to arrive, packaging etc.

Thinking of selling my TyTN II to get the Nokia E71 and that price looks pretty good.

Thanks.

Is there any word on these two phones yet?

Vodafone UK site says end of July for E71. Dunno what that means for here though. Maybe Xmas ?

long_b wrote: »
    Vodafone UK site says end of July for E71. Dunno what that means for here though. Maybe Xmas ?

Jesus i hope we get it before christmas :mad:

It would't surprise me mind...

With the new Blackberry Bold being launched in the next few weeks i would have thought nokia would have been quick to compete.

• Advertisement

couple of sim free e71s for sale on adverts.ie.. /cough/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Operators are always slow, expecially here. If you want sim free look at adverts.ie or www.mobilefun.co.uk.
    admol wrote: »
    Jesus i hope we get it before christmas :mad:

It would't surprise me mind...

With the new Blackberry Bold being launched in the next few weeks i would have thought nokia would have been quick to compete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Gekko wrote: »
    liking that E71 very much...too bad I recently got an E51 though

How you find the e51 Gekko? Thinking of getting myself a e51 or might wait for the e66

Got a sim free E71 on Ebay - have to say i am just downright blown away with the battery life. I fully charged it on Friday afternoon - haven't charged it since - mail for exchange has been used every day, possibly 1 hours mini opera browsing - plus all of the messing with new phone stuff that just has to be done too.

Fully recommend this phone to any of you! Had an E51 before this and battery life paled into comparison.

Three UK have the e71 listed now... hopefully won't be long coming over here.

DonFred wrote: »
    How you find the e51 Gekko? Thinking of getting myself a e51 or might wait for the e66

E51 is great. I currently use it just for emails and web-browsing. Happy with battery life.

Got a sim free E71 on Ebay - have to say i am just downright blown away with the battery life. I fully charged it on Friday afternoon - haven't charged it since - mail for exchange has been used every day, possibly 1 hours mini opera browsing - plus all of the messing with new phone stuff that just has to be done too.

Fully recommend this phone to any of you! Had an E51 before this and battery life paled into comparison.

Paddy, did you buy from that rose seller I was telling you about?

E71 is listed as coming soon to Three Ireland. It's in their latest catalogue, issue 16. I would guess it will be 399 on 3pay and 129-309 on billpay :)

flodis79 wrote: »
    Paddy, did you buy from that rose seller I was telling you about?

E71 is listed as coming soon to Three Ireland. It's in their latest catalogue, issue 16. I would guess it will be 399 on 3pay and 129-309 on billpay :)

Certainly did Flodis79. Mucho gracias for the heads up. Great seller. No problems whatsoever, no import tax or whatnot!
    Have to say, it's a superb device. Happy happy out!!

Certainly did Flodis79. Mucho gracias for the heads up. Great seller. No problems whatsoever, no import tax or whatnot!
    Have to say, it's a superb device. Happy happy out!!

i think, honestly, you'd be even happier if you gave it to me, and I give you a tytn...

ah...thought so ;)
    haha, enjoy the e71!!! Great choice :)

• Advertisement

strecker wrote: »
    i think, honestly, you'd be even happier if you gave it to me, and I give you a tytn...

ah...thought so ;)
    haha, enjoy the e71!!! Great choice :)

Hahaha, thanks Strecker.
    Actually sold my TyTN II which allowed me to purchase the E71. :D

Advertisement