Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nokias (E66 and E71)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hahaha, thanks Strecker.
    Actually sold my TyTN II which allowed me to purchase the E71. :D

;)
    well, when the regrets start to affect your day to day functioning, let me know... i throw in a w660i...amazing allrounder ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Paddy Fowler: How do you find the GPS on the E71 - does it lock the satellites reasonably quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Got an e66 a couple of days ago. Quite impressed with it but havent done too much with it yet though definitely a lot better than my old SE k800 :p
    Was looking at getting an n95 8gb but the smaller, sleeker and sexier e66 swayed me. that and not a lot of other people have it yet!
    One thing that is annoying me though is that you cant recharge the battery using the usb port. not sure if thats a general nokia thing or just to this phone.

Scruff wrote: »
    Got an e66 a couple of days ago. Quite impressed with it but havent done too much with it yet though definitely a lot better than my old SE k800 :p
    Was looking at getting an n95 8gb but the smaller, sleeker and sexier e66 swayed me. that and not a lot of other people have it yet!
    One thing that is annoying me though is that you cant recharge the battery using the usb port. not sure if thats a general nokia thing or just to this phone.

it's a general Nokia thing afaik...but you can buy special 3rd party usb cables online that let you charge s60 phones...got no link (I'm on a phone) but they are easily available ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Got an e66 a couple of days ago.

Where did you buy it from? I think I might get one myself.
    I've never seen it as an option on any nokia before, but in fairness, not many nokias have usb, so I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

got it in SE Asia on my travels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I've never seen it as an option on any nokia before, but in fairness, not many nokias have usb, so I'm not sure.

Most new nokias are coming with USB now (or at least high end nokias).

They seem to be starting to change the charging method now as the new N85, when it comes out will only charge over the USB port and doesn't include an input for the standard Nokia charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Got myself an E66 there yesterday, as im on holidays in middle east. Am very pleased with it. Does everything i could possibly want it to do and is very neat and sleek. Love the little leather case it comes in

strecker wrote: »
    it's a general Nokia thing afaik...but you can buy special 3rd party usb cables online that let you charge s60 phones...got no link (I'm on a phone) but they are easily available ;)

is this what you're on about? Would prefer if you could charge over the normal usb port so you could access it from a pc at the same time

is this what you're on about? Would prefer if you could charge over the normal usb port so you could access it from a pc at the same time

no! Thers's a company that makes usb charging cables for Nokia s60's - I'll see if I can find the one I'm on about... ;)
    patience :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

strecker wrote: »
    no! Thers's a company that makes usb charging cables for Nokia s60's - I'll see if I can find the one I'm on about... ;)
    patience :)
    Too slow :P

Sorry...
    http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=2477&t_mode=des#
    that's not quite it, but keep looking ;) I'm at work...
    It does exist ;) !!!

its a docking station of sorts so? was thinking that that if they dont have the usb power pins connected internally to the battery terminals then there was no way of doing it with the usb cable only. If they were connected internally surely the supplied cable would do the job.
    But keep looking, interested to see what you come up with :p

Advertisement