Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fix my camera!

Options
  • 16-06-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

i went in to spectra photo shop to see if they could fix my digital camera,there is only a tiny problem with it,and they said they dont fix them and no-body in kilkenny fixes cameras at all,surely this isnt right?! anyone know of a place that could look at it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Depends whats wrong with it, a computer shop might be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

well it lets you take a picture,its just you dont see the image of what your taking on the screen of it if you know what i mean:) do you think it would be worth taking to a computer shop with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

*melanie* wrote: »
    well it lets you take a picture,its just you dont see the image of what your taking on the screen of it if you know what i mean:) do you think it would be worth taking to a computer shop with that?

TBH it would probably cost you as much to get a screen fixed than it would be to buy a new camera. Depending on the camera of course.
    Is it an ordinary digital camera or a digital SLR camera?

These days you can pick up 7MP camera for €70. Link

TBH it would probably cost you as much to get a screen fixed than it would be to buy a new camera. Depending on the camera of course.
    Is it an ordinary digital camera or a digital SLR camera?

These days you can pick up 7MP camera for €70. Link

lol! i dont even know what a SLR camera is! its an olympia camera..thats all i know!lol your probably right though,maybe just go and buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How old is it? It might still be under warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Is it that there's no picture on the lcd display?

Make sure you haven't switched off the display by accident.

Check the operting manual first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

That happened to me as well and I ended up chucking a perfectly good digital camera in the bin because the LCD screen was badly cracked. Nowhere in Kilkenny fixes them - they send the cameras off to Dublin or somewhere to have them fixed. Most of the time, you're paying the guts of €100 just to have the camera opened and that's before you pay for repairs.

Yes, I know it's galling to dump an otherwise perfectly working camera but it's a throwaway society we're living in. Technology is moving on so look on it as your having the chance to get a better camera for probably less money than you paid for your old one.

cml387 wrote: »
    Is it that there's no picture on the lcd display?

Make sure you haven't switched off the display by accident.

Check the operting manual first

oh my god! you fixed it...lots of brownie points for you!lol it was the moniter display!why didnt i think of that?! in my defence though,i am blonde!{only im aloud to say that though!} thankyou!:):):) woohoo!

Advertisement