Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheated my ass off didnt get caught.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

turgon wrote: »
    Report the guy. Hopefully get him banned from doing the lc for a few years. 7 is a nice number. It will be lesson hard learned.

JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL.
    THOSE WHO WORK (be it by ability or by rote learning, all other differences are set aside for this thread) WILL BE ALLOWED TO SUCCEED.
    I AM JOB.

Turgon your that pissed with this guy that you will treat rote-learners as equals?? Man you have changed!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

Id more feel pathetic, and spineless like a worm for reporting someone. But theres lots of different people in this world, as you probably know, and if you want to be like that go ahead. Im sorry i just cant see the need to report someone, i think its just something thats burned into my brain since national school, you know, the "nobody likes a tattle tale". But anyway, my last post. Thread was absolute gold but now I need to study, gluc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

luke999 wrote: »
    Id more feel pathetic, and spineless like a worm for reporting someone

Great attitude. Excellent. That is why all the criminals get away. Why all the drug dealers continue to deal. Because of the sheep like you, who are too afraid to stand up for something that is right. Too afraid of being labeled a "rat". Too afraid of the bàstards that deserve to go to prison. And im not blowing this out of proportion. Your too cool to stand up against the OP, and to be honest I don't care cause at least Im not fluffy and I don't get shaved once a year.

Apologies eoin2nc :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can't believe people are, in a way, defending the OP. YOU'RE the ones with the sh1tty attitude.

Dude shut up... we are talking about a young lad copying an equation from a calculator. Not a mass murder. Dont be so dramatic you emo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 purepwnage

luke999 wrote: »
    Dude shut up... we are talking about a young lad copying an equation from a calculator. Not a mass murder. Dont be so dramatic you emo.

LOL legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh yeah, the old mass murderer analogy. We're talking about exams here and the OP, by his own admission, "cheated his ass off". Emo? I'm a tad too old...
    If you're cool about someone getting into college on the back of cheating, fine. But don't get stroppy with people who have an issue with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Ah ah aaahh...cant be cheating now

haha, sorry that was a reply to turgon not you. You just got ur post in before me, i dont think its right but i think its just a tad childish to tell. I believe in karma more than anything. And im sure you are a fine young whippersnapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

center_fatherted.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

has anyone rang Joe Duffy yet? :D

bryanjf wrote: »
    has anyone rang Joe Duffy yet? :D
    what time he on? 1850 715 815 innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

5k4w74.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

To whom it may concern,

Recently a thread was started on www.boards.ie by one of your pupils . His user name is "salman85", a number of posters have identified him as Salman Hamid, and he has admitted he attends your school. The thread he started was as follows:

yeah i cheated my ass of in most exams, had a fully programmable calculator with 1 gig flash card, my examiner was a dope (love her tho she was nice <3) im sitting at about 500 points i would say, and unless something MAJORLY goes wrong, i have my first choice in the bag.

He has since deleted the post, however it still can be viewed because other members later quoted from it, example: http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56266923&postcount=23

I took serious exception to the cheating, and especially the overly-confident manner in which the person boasted about it. I have reported the issue to the State Examinations Commission, and I am hoping the person can be found and duly punished. This is a serious issue, and although I realize Cholaiste Choilm tries its best to maintain its outside image (I live in the vicinity), I think that the full co-operation of the school is necessary. May I also add that the thread has received a huge amount of views and attention. The Irish Times has quoted from boards.ie throughout the exams and it is my belief the media will eventually find this.

Yours faithfully.

:D:D:D:D:D

turgon wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D
    you didnt....did u?

This what you'll do when ya get 500?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I think we are all forgetting one kay detail here-

you CANNOT bring programable calculators into the exam hall with you.
    I am flabberghasted at how your examiner missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

hahaha everyone is going mad at this lad for cheating...do they seem to forget the hundreds of people cheating on here in the mocks:pac:

i-cheat wrote: »
    hahaha everyone is going mad at this lad for cheating...do they seem to forget the hundreds of people cheating on here in the mocks:pac:
    Yeah but like the mocks mean diddley squit compared to the Leaving. I wouldn't have minded only he was being a prat tbh

• Advertisement

i-cheat wrote: »
    mocks are school based

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

In fairness, this is a funny thread. This guy isn't the first to cheat in the LC and he certainly won't be the last.

If someone wants to report him, go ahead, but it won't make any difference. You can give all the information in the world about it, but nothing will happen. Anyone could walk up to the head of the State Examinations Committee and say "I cheated in every single one of my exams this year. To do so, I did X, Y, Z" and he could do nothing. Because you've not been caught in the act. So I don't think a "confession" on the internet would be enough, do you?

Joe Duffy's crowd would have a good laugh with it though. If someone fancies that I'd listen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement