Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indentures

• 16-06-2008 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!
    Just got the application pack for PPC1 and noticed that they require our primary school results!!!!!!!!???? Are they serious?
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would have major problems there since my primary school no longer exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

LOL, thankfully my primary school is still in existence but for some reason i doubt they will have a record of my spelling tests!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you sure it isn'y your primary degree results?

I'm thinking of a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Victor wrote: »
    Are you sure it isn'y your primary degree results?

I'm thinking of a word.
    Crazy?

• Advertisement

it says primary, secondary and college results.

Thanks Rhonda!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i rang them (law soc) and they said just list what primary school you went to and from what years. i also dont think school results are required, a couple of friends of mine just sent thier college transcripts and that was fine, i have a letter from my school saying from what years i attended and they said that was fine

Thanks Kronsington, that puts my mind at rest! Do you think a copy of your degree parchment would be sufficient to show proof of your degree? I know I got a letter from UCD when I was sitting the FE1's at first to show I had a degree but cant find it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Afraid not, its says on the form that it must be a certified copy - ie one with the college stamp/seal. I sent away for mine last week - should only take a few days to complete. May as well do it right I suppose as they will only send you back the whole application if not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

Font22 wrote: »
    Thanks Kronsington, that puts my mind at rest! Do you think a copy of your degree parchment would be sufficient to show proof of your degree? I know I got a letter from UCD when I was sitting the FE1's at first to show I had a degree but cant find it!

i just rang the law society, they said that a photocopy of your degree will suffice, no need to get it certified from the institution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

EC1000 wrote: »
    Afraid not, its says on the form that it must be a certified copy - ie one with the college stamp/seal.

Not necessarily college stamp, I was working in the office last year and just put our own firm's certified copy stamp on a photocopy of the parchment. Every firm has such a stamp so any of you in the office already can just stamp it yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

is it too late to secure a place for 2008? i hope to get my forms signed soon but its likely to be next week at the earliest! if it has to 09, so be it..

on another note, has anyone done any legal work abroad, i know about the various qulaification differences etc but even just working in an office for a period? this is something im looking into right now. im considering trying to work abroad (uk/oz) for a few months before maybe doing some travelling and then returning with a couple of months of in-office experience ahead of ppc1 in 2009 ahead of me. as you can probably tell this is just a thought at this stage and i havent thought this through thouroughly

Advertisement