Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Paper 2 (B)

Options
  • 16-06-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

How did ye find it???
    I thought overall it was a grand paper!!!

Perspective was easier than other years which made all the differenc!
    I couldn;t get the C part of Roof Geometry but otherwise I think I got full marks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I though it went well. Perspective was great. Aced roofs, hyperbolic parabaloid went good also. Mining was easy exsept for part b which i found tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

**** of a paper.

Made a lot of mistakes also.

Might've cost me my "necessary" A1 but I don't give a ****. If I don't get my points (looking likely) I have other choices, I don't think I'll ever do any such braindead hell as the leaving cert again.

I'm really happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

I thought mining part B was piss easy!

Damn roofs......

Think i can still get an A1 without part c of roofs and without the correct angle in Oblique plane (paper 1)???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

2c involved drawing a right-cone with inclination 65deg at two points: where F/G meets E and where E meets C. Then a tangent to the base of both cones would show you where F/G meets B.

I didn't sit the exam but q6 looks nasty to me, what did people think of it? I don't think I've seen a question with a paraboloid between 2 flat inclined surfaces before.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    2c involved drawing a right-cone with inclination 65deg at two points: where F/G meets E and where E meets C. Then a tangent to the base of both cones would show you where F/G meets B.

I didn't sit the exam but q6 looks nasty to me, what did people think of it? I don't think I've seen a question with a paraboloid between 2 flat inclined surfaces before.

I found it easy enought to be honest, more so than many other years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

6 was easy enough to draw, just simple extensions from the small part of the roof you only need the elements going out but not up, curvature was piss aswell, however my plane directors were a disaster, i got one to be on the x,y line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 yenoolnairb

the paper looked horrible at first, the roof looked like a circus tent, but it turned out really easy. im a happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 4dsnare

got everyting 100% cept 4 5(b) wen d angle of the strike was north 75dgrees west i took 75 4m 95 nd got 25!!(retarded i know)ill only loose 3 marks cos i had the correct method 4 it apart 4m dat.

very easy paper overall

Advertisement