Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council house swap

Options
  • 16-06-2008 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

just wondering has anybody here had a council swap,moving from any county to kilkenny? my mum is trying to move down from wicklow as the rest of the family are here,but kilkenny council say they dont allow swaps from different countys,this is the only place i have heard of to do this. most other countys let you move about if you want to! im wrecking my head here trying to think of a loop-hole,so that she can move down as she is gettin old now and shes on her own...any help is welcomed!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

It might be easier if you find someone who wants to swap with her. I've heard of people living in council houses in urlingford advertise for someone with a council house in Thurles interested in swapping - they then go to the county councils to sort details. Don't know if theres any other factors involved, it was just mentioned to me a couple of months ago when my friend was looking to swap from galway to meath when her dad got sick [he sadly died before she could sort anything out]

Advertisement