Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poland v Croatia

• 16-06-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

So it looks like the television channels have made their minds up as to which of the Group B games is more interesting. It's a pity because I wanted to watch this game in the pub. I've had a quick trawl through the television guides and I can't see it on anywhere, I guess I'll be trying RTE's streaming coverage. Does anyone know what the quality is like?

As for the game itself, I don't expect Poland to get anything from it but as Croatia will be resting a few players you never know...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Poland to win 2-0 at a canter.

But twill be in vain I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well you can catch it on BBC Three if that's an option for you. I reckon I will give this game a look too as the Austrians don't exactly set the world alight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well you can catch it on BBC Three if that's an option for you.
    Thanks, I have actually just spotted that :). Since I'm still at work I can't check but does that come as standard with a Sky subscription?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

malice_ wrote: »
    Thanks, I have actually just spotted that :). Since I'm still at work I can't check but does that come as standard with a Sky subscription?

It should be, under 'other channels' in services. I have it on mine anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Croatia team: : Vedran Runje; Dario Simic, Hrvoje Vejic, Dario Knezevic, Danijel Pranjic; Jerko Leko, Ognjen Vukojevic, Nikola Pokrivac, Ivan Rakitic; Ivan Klasnic, Mladen Petric. Subs: Pletikosa, Galinovic, Simunic, Robert Kovac, Corluka, Nico Kovac, Kalinic, Srna, Modric, Olic, Kranjcar, Budan.

Poland team: : Artur Boruc; Marcin Wasilewski, Michal Zewlakow, Dariusz Dudka, Jakub Wawrzyniak; Rafal Murawski, Mariusz Lewandowski; Jacek Krzynowek, Wojciech Lobodzinski, Roger Guerreiro; Marek Saganowski. Subs: Kowalewski, Fabianski, Jop, Golanski, Bak, Smolarek, Gargula, Pazdan, Zahorski, Kokoszka

weak looking croatian team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Boruc having another stormer of a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Get in there son! Croatia 1-0 up.

The Poles are useless. :mad:

Edit: What a chance for my man Roger! He should have scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It should be, under 'other channels' in services. I have it on mine anyway.
    Yep, it is, I found it without much hassle when I got home. I tried the RTE Internet feed but it was jumpy as hell so I gave up pretty quickly.
    Get in there son! Croatia 1-0 up.
    It was a great goal by Klasnic. The Croatians deserved the win as they were the far better team. Boruc made some great saves again. Zahorski missed a glorious chance at the end to salvage some pride for Poland but in reality they got what they deserved out of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And tat was essentially a croatian second team. They still looked sharp but that does not seem to be too hard. My saturday team could probably give them a run.

• Advertisement

If they both make it to the semis, I have a feeling that Croatia are gonna own Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Don't think that croatia would win v Portugal. They do look decent and they have a cracking keeper too, just don't think that they would do it against portugal.

I reckon it will be a Croatia/Germany rematch in the semis. I think the Scolari, Ronaldo off the field business might get to the Portuguese. I can see the Germans getting the better of them. Should be a fascinating game.

Don't think that croatia would win v Portugal. They do look decent and they have a cracking keeper too, just don't think that they would do it against portugal.

Croatia just look like a more rounded team. Granted, they mightn't have a superstar like Ronaldo in their team, but they have 11 players who are technically sound, work their socks off when they're not on the ball, and don't treat possession of the ball with contempt.

Portugal looked woeful the other night against a very average Swiss side. It mightn't have been their starting side, but the shape of the team, and their general attitude did not send out the message that they are winners.

One way or another, if they do both make the semis, it will be an interesting contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ronaldo and co. will run amuck against the slow German backline IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Boring game. 2 bad games I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Mertersacker is a properly ****. Like how he can get into the Germany team is beyond me.

I actually like him as a player, but his defending(when the ball isn't in the air_ is awful.

Advertisement