Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austria - Germany

• 16-06-2008 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tweedle dum play Tweedle dee in what could be a splendidly bad tempted match, The Germans are in the sort of dissary that one normally associates with the Dutch, with Yogi Bear apparently being shut out of the loop. The Austrians are daring to dream which is of course damn nearly certainly the worst preparation.

C'mon the "Real Germans" ;)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

think ill be shouting for the austrians, even though have money on germany, and 2 germans in fantasy football. Just don't think getting lynched would suit me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

deutschland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ronnie Whelan talking sh!te again. Podolskis positional sense my arse. Those three goals he just ran in a straight line and stayed onside. Its called bad defending Ronnie.

I swear anyone decent at football cannot talk football, simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Trilla wrote: »
    Ronnie Whelan talking sh!te again. Podolskis positional sense my arse. Those three goals he just ran in a straight line and stayed onside. Its called bad defending Ronnie.

I swear anyone decent at football cannot talk football, simple as

Theres more to getting taps ins than luck. One or two maybe but doin it regularly is called being a very good player, That is why good footballers know what they are on about.

LOL @ Souness "can I say balls". Bit late :)

Someone ring Jimmy McGee and ask him who Michael Klose is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Germany team: : Lehmann; Friedrich, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Lahm; Fritz, Frings, Ballack, Podolski; Gomez, Klose.

Austria team: : Macho; Garics, Stranzl, Hiden, Pogatetz; Harnik, Aufhauser, Ivanschitz, Fuchs, Korkmaz; Hoffer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Germany team: : Lehmann; Friedrich, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Lahm; Fritz, Frings, Ballack, Podolski; Gomez, Klose.

Austria team: : Macho; Garics, Stranzl, Hiden, Pogatetz; Harnik, Aufhauser, Ivanschitz, Fuchs, Korkmaz; Hoffer.

About time they dropped Jansen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I worry for the Austrians in this one. Quite a large German support in the stadium too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Wow, what a clearance from off the line, and what a miss also!! Great start to this match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

What a disgraceful miss from Gomez, what a hype he got before this tournament aswell and he's been truly abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

being the ultimate gambling machine that i am, i put a massive ONE POUND bet on the german lads to win it 2-0, with ballack to score first....
    ultimate gambling at its best!

• Advertisement

I've got Ballack down as first goalscorer as well. Twenty euro at 6/1.

I see Jimmy Magee just isn't letting the old 'inside left' position go. And now he's talking about Jimma Hoffa, the old American trade unionist. "And sure didn't he disappear. Still hasn't been found you know?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Smegball wrote: »
    What a disgraceful miss from Gomez, what a hype he got before this tournament aswell and he's been truly abysmal.
    It was bad alright. Defender still did well to clear.

Expecting the Germans to edge it.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Theres more to getting taps ins than luck. One or two maybe but doin it regularly is called being a very good player, That is why good footballers know what they are on about.

Nobody is denying that but two of those goals he was unmarked and the third it deflected to him just as he was about to turn away from the goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

I think Jimmy McGee has an almost Mr Alan/Torres type obsession with Podalski!
    Does he realise that there are other players on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Both coaches sent off. Lololololol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Cool. Both managers sent off. It's all kicking off here! :)

Have to say, I like the way the Austrians are playing, 5-4-1 but with lots of swift counterattacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Think the ref has been awful so far, giving everything he could to Germany. Denying the Austrians a stonewall penalty. I bet if that was Gomes who went down, he'd have blown for a penno before the player hit the ground.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Germans don't look the best at the back. I still think they will win.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Think the ref has been awful so far, giving everything he could to Germany. Denying the Austrians a stonewall penalty. I bet if that was Gomes who went down, he'd have blown for a penno before the player hit the ground.
    The Austrian's didn't even shout for it but it was a penalty. Stonewall as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

wow

excellent freekick

• Advertisement

Pick that out. Great strike.

Yesssssssss, get in there Ballack with your mad forehead on yeh. Nice way to win E120

What a screamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Yes, very nicely taken, but it was a dodgy free for the ref to give.

Yes, very nicely taken, but it was a dodgy free for the ref to give.

How was that dodgy :confused: Lahm was clearly fouled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great strike by Ballack

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yesssssssss, get in there Ballack with your mad forehead on yeh. Nice way to win E120
    You will have to share your winnings with all of us! :D

First goalscorer was it?

You will have to share your winnings with all of us! :D

First goalscorer was it?

Yeah, first goalscorer at 6/1. Had twenty on the one nil win to Germany as well, wish i'd done it as an accumulator!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*shakes fist*

At least some good came out of that game.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    C'mon the "Real Germans" ;)

Lol wouldnt that be like calling us English???!

Advertisement