Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone do any better than 6.9% APR on a personal loan?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of taking a personal loan over the next few weeks, I'm looking at Tesco loans because of their low and fixed interest rate.

Are there any other better rates out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

try here. Checking rates on loans/savings accounts is about all its good for these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Tesco if you want a cheap loan with zero customer service. Ulster Bank provide loans on behalf of Tesco and it hasn't been unknown for Ulster to take their time. At the moment BOI have a number of fixed rate loan priced at 7.9% and you'd have a decision back in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

First Active have the next best rates after Tesco - but the good thing about Tesco is that if you decide to pay off the loan early - they don't penalise you. Most - if not all - the other lenders will charge you if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Ogham wrote: »
    First Active have the next best rates after Tesco - but the good thing about Tesco is that if you decide to pay off the loan early - they don't penalise you. Most - if not all - the other lenders will charge you if you do that.

Lenders will only charge for paying off fixed interest rate loans. They should not charge you for paying off variable rate loans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

It's swings and roundabouts I think. Do you want a quick decision, or if you have a great deal of patience and are willing to go through a bit of hassle, then go for the cheaper option. Depends on yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Cheers for all the replies lads, I have another week or 2 before I have to sign on any dotted lines, but I'll keep in mind all of your advice.

Advertisement