Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old style bike

Options
  • 16-06-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Forgive the lack of knowledge.. but i'm looking to get my hands on 1 or 2 old style bikes.. those you see in amsterdam etc.. i havent seen any in dublin in the main cycling shops..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

pennyfarthingex4.jpg

??

You're going to need to be more specific :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

This sort of thing ?

28315.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

2nd one is more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Cycleways had some Kronan models.
    http://www.kronan-fietsen.be/index_en.html

Wolfe Cycles in Kimmage for Pashley.
    http://www.pashley.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I've a 25 y.o. racer. Does me grand everyday of the week, although the up climbs do get a little heavy going with its weight! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

the pashley bikes are cool.. pricey though..

any advice on which type of bike to go for.. would spend around 500euro max.. looking for something light and classic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

bonkers wrote: »
    the pashley bikes are cool.. pricey though..

any advice on which type of bike to go for.. would spend around 500euro max.. looking for something light and or classic
    There, fixed that for you :D Seriously, this type of bike is not light. You could get a classic steel road bike that would be light, but not a Kronan or Pashley, etc., they are built like a tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

In my experience, there is at least one bike like this in every old persons shed in Ireland. Has anyone ever tried renovating one of these? I reckon that’d be an interesting project.

Advertisement