Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botched Root Canal?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi i got a root canal on a tooth which was pricey for me seen as im in college. The dentist gave me the root canal and 9 months later the filling fell out, the tooth split and caused an infection in the tooth with the root canal. Today the dentist has pulled out the tooth free of charge which i can only presume admits some level of guilt. I am just wondering should i look for the money back, or even an implant to replace the tooth.. Please let me know what you think and tell me if I am being a complete %%%% over this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

which i can only presume admits some level of guilt

no i think he was just going easy on you

are you kidding??? a root canal is only done in the first place to save a tooth from going in the bin. For a tooth to need root canal it has to have lost alot of structure and strenght. The larger the filling that has to be placed the weaker the tooth that is left. You win some you lose some.

with any tooth that has a root canal or even a large filling you need to consider, crowning, that tooth quickly to stop it splitting like yours did.

If you had a heart problem, after getting a bypass would you look for money back? or would you think it normal.

Advertisement