Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. says "...no evidence of Ulcerative Colitis"

Options
  • 16-06-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I've had Ulcerative Colitis for many years, and suffered the usual symptoms. My last colonoscopy (first for several years) was a few weeks ago. Got the results by letter from the surgeon stating that he could see "no evidence of Ulcerative Colitis". Happy days!

Would this be unusual? Or would this be a plain case of remission? Would it be normal to remiss to the extent where there is no evidence of the condition.

If I was to apply for a mortgage at this point and included the surgeon's letter, would it better my chances of mortgage protection and life assurance, or would the mere mention of the word be enough to make things still very difficult? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

To be honest it depends on how bad your case of UC was to begin with. In mild UC presentation, the incidence of complete remission are quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Is ulcerative colitis covered under any life assurance policies. I have been diagnosed with it. I have a long road ahead im thinkin

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭toothie

If you provide evidence to the life assurance provider that you are clear of ulcerative collitis, then I can't see it being a problem. However, I'm having difficulty getting a life assurance policy with BOI at the moment due to having IBS. :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

SARASON wrote: »
    Is ulcerative colitis covered under any life assurance policies. I have been diagnosed with it. I have a long road ahead im thinkin

Most life assurance companies will quote for you- but put a weighting on the policy, if you have UC or Crohn's. In my own case (Crohn's)- they modified my policy to 'death only benefits' and put a weighting on it. My weighting is a 33% weighting- aka- my monthly premia are EUR41, whereas if Crohn's was not on the policy the quote was EUR29.50......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I was given the "all clear" a couple of years ago, after getting a Colonoscopy and having not had symptoms for 3-4 years previous.

I've had a very bad 2 years though with it, and it's only settled down in the last 6 weeks (since I started the spcific carbohydrate diet). I however think it's starting up again today based on return of symptoms :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement