Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a printer with cheap cartridges

• 16-06-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Looking for a run of the mill ink jet printer for a friend where replacing the cartridges doesn't work out dearer than buying the printer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

you should look up ebay for "continuous ink systems" and then buy a cheap printer that is compatable with them - I have HP one that works great with them and best of all you only end up paying around €50 for 600ml of ink.

These are great for someone who prints in colour - if you are looking for just an occasional B&W printer I'm no good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I'll take a look at that thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Im not sure if this is what the previous post was talking about, but you can get ink that you inject in to the cartridge yourself, and never need to buy new ones. Ive been using the same cartridge for about 5 refills now. It works out much cheaper than cartridges and is compatible with loads of printers. The brand is JRMax, and Im pretty sure I got it in Argos.

Advertisement