Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Rangefinders

Options
  • 16-06-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been thinking about getting a rangefinder, but my question is can a rangefinder be used for lamping? Also what about the laser rangefinding binos that Leica make? I know they're well dear, but has anybody any input?

I currently have a good optical set up on the .308 - a Precision Hunter S and B 3 X 12 X 50. A lad said to me last year to get a good set of binos for stalking because the majority of the time shots will be fired at dawn and dust and nobody wants to be throwing up a rifle to scan the area for deer, because the naked eye isn't good enough.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Yes, I've often used rangefinders for lamping :) They work quite well.

Bins, well. They would not suit my shooting. I prefer a dedicated rangefinder. But, if it suits you to have bins along then go for them :)

I have a Leica CRF 900 that I got on Ebay, 280 Euro all in. Price them here in Ireland, be sitting down when you ask for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Thanks John, You would want to be sitting down alright!

Anybody using the Leica Geovid Binos??

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I have the Leica CRF 900 as well - it's my first rangefinder.

really small, great glass and it ranges past 900yrds - not that I'll be taking shots at that distance.

Bought it off eBay from the US as well - but one of the lads on here had his brother send it over to avoid customs duty etc. Saved a fortune on the price here.

Had been considering the Geovid Binos but much too expensive - a lot of the lads on the Passion for Stalking forum have them though and swear by them - stick a post up there for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

I often wondered why someone hasn't incorporated a range finder in a scope. It would be very handy, put the cross hairs on the target, get a reading, make the appropriate adjustment and fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Croppy Boy wrote: »
    I often wondered why someone hasn't incorporated a range finder in a scope. It would be very handy, put the cross hairs on the target, get a reading, make the appropriate adjustment and fire.

Bushnell already have one don't they

• Advertisement

Zeiss do a scope like that Bushnell

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

bushnell, nikon and ziess all have rangefinder scopes in production but there quite heavy. the nikon and bushnell have infered remotes which you strap around the forend and press the button on it to get the range whille the on ziess you to have to press the button on the scope to get the range
    dont see the need for them tho.
    i know a few people with the geovids one of them is very happy with them the other is regetting selling his swaro rangefinder, the glass is very good IMO

Does anybody know where you can go and see and pick up the geovids? I've never seen them in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Jonty wrote: »
    Does anybody know where you can go and see and pick up the geovids? I've never seen them in the flesh.

john lamberts in camolin wexford

Advertisement