Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book or cinema club

• 16-06-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I´ve just seen this kind of thread in several forums, so I thought we couldn´t be less :D.

I think the precursors were people from Galway in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055064051

couldn´t we do something similar?

and if you, guys, don´t like read (I love it!!) then a club of cinema could fit you, couldn´t it? We could meet once a week to go to the cinema, see a film and discuss it later, what do you think about that?

let me know your comments!

cheers,
    Nat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

good idea nat, would'nt be for me .hope you get a few people involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Waterford Film For All are quite good.
    They're breaking up for the summer holiday though, good timing! :)

To be honest Nat, people here are pretty apathetic. It's hard to get them to do things, well it's hard to get me to do things anyway so I'm more speaking for myself. I do hope it catches on though. The Galway one seems busy enough, so fingers crossed!

I have a guest over this weekend so I can't drag you off photographing, but you're welcome any other weekend we go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Hi Nat
    The library at Ardkeen set up book clubs for people who are interested. As far as I know they just take your name and number and then when they have 6 or 7 seven people on the list, they put them together in a new club. Good luck with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nateireann

I joined the waterford film for all, a pitty that they have only two films left. I will go today to see [bold]The edge of heaven[/bold] and I encourage people to go next week to see [bold]There will be blood[/bold], it seems to be a very good film with very good reviews.

I will go to Arkdeen Library to get some information about the book club, a pitty that nobody here wants to form one!

See you around!

thanks for the suggestions, anyway, and Thanks Roen for your welcoming to your photographing weekends!

Advertisement