Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IILT to close!

• 16-06-2008 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I just heard IILT is closing. Apparently their funding has been cut
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0612/breaking61.html

42 jobs to go at language training centre

Staff at a centre which provides language and integration services for adults and pupils at primary and post-primary schools were told today it was to close at the end of July with the loss of 42 jobs.
    Don't know what's going to happen to Language support material...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eteach

As if things weren't bad enough! I went to one of their seminars a couple of years back and it was very useful - but one day was nowhere near enough. Is there any chance of realistic in-service training on language support anytime soon? The need is not going to go away.

Or does Batt O'Keefe think that the newcomers kids and their parents will move away en masse at the first hint of recession...? This government needs to get real about the need for education for all - lack of decent language support and teacher training in the area affects all children - newcomer or 'auld stock'!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

I was handed their Primary School assessment pack 3 days ago - spent most of the time working through it - just as I seem to have grasped the marking system, I get an email from them saying they are closing! What a shame, I was hoping they would hold some seminars in Cork. What does this mean for the 'testing', will the department say 'thanks for the work' and run off with all their hard work? Seems a very short sighted plan as any 'new' work will have to get up to speed on the work they have already done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Yeah they are closing.

I was at the protest in Dublin last week.
    Photos here.

Its a pity really. Apparently the VEC will
    take up the slack but they don't have the resources
    to take on 300 students.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

Advertisement