Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

For the insomniacs amongst us..

Which is better..

Lying in bed awake and annoyed all night cos you cant sleep

or

Getting up and doing something to distract yourself but knowing you haven't been to bed all night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Masterbation

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Peared wrote: »
    For the insomniacs amongst us..

Which is better..

or

Getting up and doing something to distract yourself but knowing you haven't been to bed all night?

Getting up and posting on Boards nocturnal forum, surely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Why that's it's very raison d'etre I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

All of the above. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dord wrote: »
    All of the above. :p

At the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Peared wrote: »

I hate doing the first option .Iwould rather go for a walk to clear my thoughts and then do something till im so tired i can hardly see and then maybe collapse into bed after doing all of the above :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I love just looking out my window and seeing all the mischief that takes place in the hood.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Wine? Beer? (but not together) Bedroom gymnastics? (well, that goes together!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Personally i do both. I'll stay awake pretty late ( or early ) doing stuff, comp goes off around one and i read or watch a film....still awake i'll watch another one but would normally hit the hay and read, the just switch my brain off and let it and my body rest. I'm not asleep, but i'm not aware.

After 13 years of this **** i have a decent enough plan in place to deal with the tiredness and lessen it as much as i can.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Neither option is great tbh. Plenty of cures for insomnia:
      Rusty shovel OR rusty pipe to the head
      Watch Bloomberg for 5 minutes (financial news = instant zzzzzz)
      Chemical solutions (I don't condone them, but they're there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Laptop talking away to people before i end up asleep with my face on the keyboard...

It works :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

One time I went for a run. Half way through I felt like puking. Now I just read. Don't have to leave my bed either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I try counting seconds
    ...works!

I love just looking out my window and seeing all the mischief that takes place in the hood.

The hood? you live in fuckin' Killiney!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Dord wrote: »
    The hood? you live in fuckin' Killiney!!! :rolleyes:
    :)
    look, Pat Kenny's in a scrap again!

:)
    look, Pat Kenny's in a scrap again!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Laptop in bed ftw.

I mean, that's what this forum was designed for, right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hate lying in bed for hours without sleep, so the Nocturnal forum and some certain other websites keep me amused.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Laptop in bed ftw.

I mean, that's what this forum was designed for, right? :p

Eh, thats what interweb pron was designed for...

You been oogling KYNoct in bed???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*shudders*

depends. if i have work in the morning, then no, i can't get up and distract myself, cos then i just wont go to bed, and that's no good with an 11hr day ahead of me (though 2 of those hours are commuting)... i found writing helped me sleep.

but when ive nothing on the next day, i just stay up, usually online, or watching the smae old dvds over and over, and drinking when i can afford it. guaranteed good night's sleep then :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement