Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So sick of bad matchmaking

Options
  • 16-06-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Im sure everyones gna say that this is normal but its really wrecking my head. Me and my mate play team objective maybe once/twice a week and everytime we end up taking on brigiders,majors colonels etc.

It kills me that bungie reckon that a brig with skill points 13 should be playing against a captain with the same........

Its ruining the game for me and to make things worse there is partys of guys who go around doing this. How can bungie not see groups of people doing this??? I think partys should be restricted to two players for ranked team objective and slayer.

Anyone else get what im saying?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I agree with it all except "I think partys should be restricted to two players for ranked team objective and slayer." - I live with 3 mates and we all have accounts, so we have a proper team going for all gametypes. 2 people max would ruin the wghole thing for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ya i see what your saying but how else would you combat this??

We took on a bunch of guys last night in a clan (lowest rank was a major highest brig) and they were litterally toying with us.

They captured the flag twice and decided to spawn camp us for the rest of the match,i mean these guys have no lives they knew every possible spawn point !!!!! so unfair. I mean i dont mind getting beat if its a fair fight but these guys were way out of our league.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

because that is there skill in the playlist you were playing, its not that hard to be a brigaier in halo 3 in fairness ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Harder then it is to spell it.

It aint easy either, and as i said im a casual player the odd time ill binge on it but when i do its mainly in a group playing customs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

RAIN wrote: »
    Harder then it is to spell it.
    LOLs

+1

• Advertisement

well you've played 800 games in fairness, if ya dont like objective play the playlist that you'll get matched against your own skill level like team slayer or doubles. or just deal with playing colonel and brigadiers in objective god forbid you should beat them omg. its pretty hard to spell brigadier at 4 in the morning too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

neilk32 wrote: »
    well you've played 800 games in fairness, if ya dont like objective play the playlist that you'll get matched against your own skill level like team slayer or doubles. or just deal with playing colonel and brigadiers in objective god forbid you should beat them omg. its pretty hard to spell brigadier at 4 in the morning too ;)

He zinged you there, Neil. :p

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    He zinged you there, Neil. :p

Good for him, he's pro anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Rain sometimes it's the reverse and I tell ya that from plenty of experience.

We had a team of 6 yesterday in Social Skirmish, me the lowest with a captain grade 3 or something (2 bars below 2 stars) highest level of 37, highest a brig general (3 gold bars below wings) took on 5 gens and a level 50 captain. They didn't get a sniff of a flag and every one of them ended up with a negative K/D.

To be honest it's very important who you play with and how you play the game. For instance I'll never EVER pick up a sniper and the only instance I would is to take it back to a guy who's sniping, yet I'm the guy who's handed rockets and stickies are always left for me, I'm always gunner/driver. Roles, we all know them. In gamebattles I'm the first in the hill/bomb because I know there's 3 better defenders attackers keeping me covered, but I can also defend myself pretty well.

Get another 2 guys that you play regularly with, team up, stay together, communicate (essential) and you'll see the difference.

Nialler

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nialler wrote: »
    Rain sometimes it's the reverse and I tell ya that from plenty of experience.

We had a team of 6 yesterday in Social Skirmish, me the lowest with a captain grade 3 or something (2 bars below 2 stars) highest level of 37, highest a brig general (3 gold bars below wings) took on 5 gens and a level 50 captain. They didn't get a sniff of a flag and every one of them ended up with a negative K/D.

To be honest it's very important who you play with and how you play the game. For instance I'll never EVER pick up a sniper and the only instance I would is to take it back to a guy who's sniping, yet I'm the guy who's handed rockets and stickies are always left for me, I'm always gunner/driver. Roles, we all know them. In gamebattles I'm the first in the hill/bomb because I know there's 3 better defenders attackers keeping me covered, but I can also defend myself pretty well.

Get another 2 guys that you play regularly with, team up, stay together, communicate (essential) and you'll see the difference.

Nialler

where are all these capture the flag type games??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Never mind.. found them :D

Advertisement