Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

048 prefix to NI on O2 iPhone Plans

Options
  • 16-06-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Quick question to existing iPhone users on O2 plans. Maybe you can help me where the sales reps in some O2 stores can't.

Normal O2 price plans allow for calls to numbers with an 048 prefix (Northern Ireland) to be included in the monthly tarrif minutes. Also, calls to Northern Ireland are cheaper than UK calls for O2 prepay customers, if they use the 048 prefix. (Some sales reps are unaware of this).

I'm wondering if this is also true for the iPhone plans. Reason I'm asking is that I don't see it listed anywhere on the website... Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

As I understand, It's the law. It certainly is for land lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MFenix

Yeah ComReg say it's mandatory to provide access to NI landlines using the 048 numbers, but I'm not sure about including 048 numbers in the "free" monthly minutes.

ComReg say "
    Generally operators must charge a national rate for calls using the 048 prefix...The cost of the national or local calls will vary depending on which service operator you use. Please contact your service provider for information about their charges." I've tried doing that - in a lot of cases the "service provider"'s reps have no idea! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

These calls should be included, but you could try the O2 forum.
    http://forums.o2online.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MFenix

Yeah I thought they should be included too, but just checking for confirmation. Tried the O2 forum - they won't let me sign up, because I'm not a current O2 customer! Beginning to think I'll never get this sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

If you dial a number beginning with 048 then it will come out of your inclusive units. If you don't have any minutes left it will be charged the same as a national call. If you put 0044 in front then it will be charged as an international call!

• Advertisement
Advertisement