Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room Difference

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

My friends and I are kind of disputing over monthly room prices in a 3 bedroom house on the Galway subarbs. We are paying 1100 monthly at present. We are all paying equal money - 366 each. The house consists of two single and one ensuite. We are paying equal money between us. The ensuite is about twice the size of the smallest single room. The middle room is a little bigger than the smallest. What would be the recommended room prices.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spyro*

Something like 340/360/400? Depends on the sizes of the rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

would you be able to measure the sizes of the rooms and pay in ratio to m^2? This might be the fiarest assuming all 3 rooms are singly occupied and there are no other considerations (e.g. if only one person has a parking space).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

or if you want to pay the same rent , rotate rooms every 4 months so you each live in each room for 4 months every year !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

The ensuite is more valuable than the size imo.

It's crap having to share a bathroom in the mornings. I'd take a smaller room with an ensuite than a big one without.

He should be paying at least an extra €75 a month.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Victor did a good document on sharing household rent a while back- I'll see if I can dig it out, its really good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Here we go- he called it "The equitable houseshare".
    There are a couple of threads in this forum of relevance.

S.

Edit: I've stickied it, as its probably of use to many of us......

Advertisement