Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgetting your Bike lock keys..

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:12pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my fellow cyclists... Left the bike in work on Friday as I was going for a couple of beers after work. Train in this morning, the siht hits the fan and I'm here til 10pm. Looking forward to really pumping it hard on the cycle home, go down changed and all the the bike rack. No key for my lock so the Gf's driving in with a spare, question is do I stick the bike in the boot or cycle home and have a moody woman waiting for me when I get there??

If you dont hear and update tomorrow, it means she's killed me :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

So my fellow cyclists... Left the bike in work on Friday as I was going for a couple of beers after work. Train in this morning, the siht hits the fan and I'm here til 10pm. Looking forward to really pumping it hard on the cycle home, go down changed and all the the bike rack. No key for my lock so the Gf's driving in with a spare, question is do I stick the bike in the boot or cycle home and have a moody woman waiting for me when I get there??

in the boot and apologise the whole way home maybe? id go for the cycle myself, but then again the gf drives a yaris so 'it wouldnt fit'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Jump in the car with her and let her nag all the way home. She’ll get it out of her system, and it’s easier to tune her out if you’re in the car... just keep apologising & say how thankfull you are. Not to mention how lucky to have such a great GF...

Just don’t comment on her driving…. Trust me..! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Tuck in behind the car and cruise all the way home?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

hardCopy wrote: »
    Tuck in behind the car and cruise all the way home?
    x2 or grab a hold of the wing mirror and free wheel home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

... so what happened in the in end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Probably not good by the sounds of it...I hope you went for the boot option and looked suitably apologetic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Probably not good by the sounds of it...I hope you went for the boot option and looked suitably apologetic.
    Went for the boot option, though she did nag quite a bit on the way home, I drove though but i let her choose the radio station :D.

I also brought her a cup of tea when she went to bed, so all is well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sounds like you are a seasoned pro at this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

pshaw. A seasoned pro has a spare set of keys in work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Verb wrote: »
    pshaw. A seasoned pro has a spare set of keys in work.

I had one in work (my laptop bag)and one on me keys, but due to having to bring stuff home with me and changing keys I was left with neither :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement