Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Engineering

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone thinking of doing it in UCC? Sounds class like!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

Chemical and process engineering for me, still in UCC...

I chose the course some time ago and I don't remember the reasons I chose it any more...:confused::confused: What am I letting myself in for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

leomessi wrote: »

Like, go for it, and dont listen to me. But is it being the first year going to be a disadvantage?? One of my friends called it a "guinea pig" course, but he is a bit synical himself.

I cant do engineering in UCC cause I dont have a science subject. I do applied maths aright but that doesnt cut it.

So going instead to CIT to do Mech Eng. I know its not as nice as UCC, but the engineering is supposed to be excellent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

yea i went to the talk...they had 2 opens days for 5th yr girls , its lyk women in science n engineering...it sounded gud enuff...opportunities..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I have energy engineering in UCC down 2nd choice, after civil and environmental in the same place.It sounds like a great course to me and there WILL be lots of career opportunities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

How much points do people think it's going to be?:pac:

500 anyway i'd say would it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Yeah I have it down number 1!!

Theres a new 1 in CIT that wasn't in the CAO handbook...I got a letter about it today!

I'm still not 100% sure about the Energy Engineering course but I'm going meeting with a UCC lecturer in the next week to ask him all my questions.

I'm stuck between Energy and Applied Psychology and maybe Civil

Anyone have any questions about the course that I can ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

There's EIGHT in my physics class and four of the girls are going for it... Competitiveness much?

And they're ALL going for this grant that you get if you get an A1 in physics, Maths and Applied Maths...It was actually the grant they talked about in the very first part of the Irish tape...

And they're ALL going for this grant that you get if you get an A1 in physics, Maths and Applied Maths

Really????? Its a pity I dont do Physics...!!!!!! I like free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

You probably wouldnt get an A1 in it though.
    :p:p

Oh really????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 -asdfgh-

And they're ALL going for this grant that you get if you get an A1 in physics, Maths and Applied Maths...It was actually the grant they talked about in the very first part of the Irish tape...[/quote]

Is that the grant that only girls can get and they get a free laptop too and other stuff.

Thats so unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

I personally wouldn't risk it tbh.

It's a new course so you have no guarantee that's it's actually going to be any good. I also don't personally believe in man made global warming, it's just political propaganda. I can't see much use for things like solar and wind as we already have a perfectly good source of renewable energy, nuclear.

The points were pretty high as well 530 or something right? I'd rather do Process or Civil personally with points that high.

Of course maybe I'm completely wrong and you'll all be making three figure salaries in ten years, guess we'll just have to wait and see...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

leomessi wrote: »

You're making millions playing for FC Barcelona every year, and one of the best footballers on the planet, why do you want to come to UCC? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Did anyone pick this course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

yup I put it down no. 1

I only got 530 points thought :( missed it by 5.

I was shocked it came in so high! Hopefully I'll get it on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I know someone who had it down on his CAO but didnt make it

Looking at it now, i kinda want to do it. I probably dont have the proper subjects and i have already accepted my number one anyway......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 movingsheepdip

new energy engineering course for 09 in UL looks even better!Havent a clue about the points though...............................

Advertisement