Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 fail....what now...

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hey, finally got my results and i passed everything except for 1 fail in an option subject, im only in first year but do i just repeat that option again in the first sememster of 2nd year now? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Joneser wrote: »
    Hey, finally got my results and i passed everything except for 1 fail in an option subject, im only in first year but do i just repeat that option again in the first sememster of 2nd year now? Thanks for any help

If it's an E you may be able to compensate. Otherwise you can re-sit the exams for that module, re-attend the whole module or take another one instead. You have to pay e1/200 for the first option or about e5/600 for the second two. You can progress fine onto second year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Noodledoodle

From what I've read on other threads ...Bad Results & GPA.... you carry the failed module with you into 2nd year & repeat it when it is next offered in whichever term. Unless it was an E fail & your GPA is high enough 2.0 I think .. then you can get pass by compensation it should say E(C) on your results I think if that is the case. Hope that is right ... think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TonythePony

:confused: My GPA this semester (final year) is 3.15 but I still have an F grade from last semester despite doing the make up work. So apparently my grade is incomplete. This is really ****ing me off as I got A's B's and C's in practically everthing else. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Contact the lecturer in question - he may have forgottent to add it into the grade book for you.

Contacting the programme office can help too - but first stop the lecturer - at least you'll know what the story is and can go from there.

Advertisement