Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Graph A anyone???

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

The silence about TG A is deafening!!! Anyone hear do it???

Myself, I thought it was a decent paper. They tried to pull a fast one on Q3 and confuse everyone, but it was so easy in the end. Took about 15 mins if you were pushed.

Q1 was easy because it was a machine most would be familiar with (Lathe Tailstock).
    Q2 was as always utterly predictable (and easy).
    Q5 then was alright but time consuming.

Finally Q6 (a) part (ii) was EXACTLY the same as last year. EXACTLY. Word for word!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

To be honest, i expected them to do something with question three, maybe a circle/elipse to a square/triangle, but whgat were they thinking! You only had to find 1 length!(I hope thats right)

Part B was easy enough too.

Q1 was grand, but I got held up for about 10 mins halfway through trying to figure out why the hand wheel was horizontal. The funny thing was that I had drawn arrows on the paper connecting the different parts, which was actually right. I dont know what I was thinkin, I could have really donw with those 10 mins at the end! I even do engineering!

The Camshaft question was easy, as was pt. B. A bit slow though when you forget your good compass....

The sectional views question I didn't finish because I managed to run out of time! Didnt look that easy on the face of it.

Hopefully around 75% on P2, and possibly that on P1 if im extremely lucky!

Advertisement