Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema in Waterford City

• 16-06-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

error post

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

old cinema in town is now 5 euro tickets on everything.. walking past there tonight after being in the new cinema.. said I would share :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nateireann

Yes, I always go to the old one, it makes no sense for me to pay almost the double for seeing the same movie and I don't care if the old one doesn't have the seats assembled in steps because nobody goes there so, you don't have anybody in front of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bonjo1983

I rathers the old cinema, poopcorn is nicer and theres no big que's anymore and its an older crowd that attened there as all the younger ones go to storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

went to the old one to see the incredible hulk it was much better but my shoes were still sticking to the floor and it still has a funky smell.but you can't complain at €5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Cool, thanks for the tip, must check that out, spending a fortune in the other place every week. The popcorn is nicer in the old place all right. :)

Funny enough went to see gone baby gone in the new cinema last night and it was only me and the girlfriend in there.. like having the cinema in your sitting room :D

The same happened to me a few weeks ago in the old cinema when I went to see 'What happens in Vegas', but I was totally alone!! Amazing! the cinema was mine for almost two hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭waterford mma

€5 is pretty good if its gonna stay at that price

€5 is pretty good if its gonna stay at that price

The poster said summer madness so.. Its probalby just for the summer.. Honestly id rather pay an extra four euro for nice seats and no sticky floor :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

dazftw wrote: »
    The poster said summer madness so.. Its probalby just for the summer.. Honestly id rather pay an extra four euro for nice seats and no sticky floor :rolleyes:
    give it time it won,t stay like that forever!!!!!! you must remember the cineplex is there something like what twelve years now?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sounds like good value alright but they really pissed me off over the years with kids acting the maggot. Surely they wont survive as a cinema. Wonder what they'll put in there instead?

give it time it won,t stay like that forever!!!!!! you must remember the cineplex is there something like what twelve years now?????

good point.. but within 12 years theres probably going to be another cinema... they have that whole plaza thing going up in gracedieu theres meant to be a swimming pool and cinema there.

I am still wondering what was the reason to open this thread... will we be able to know it someday? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

A new cinema is going out by Waterford Crystal, according to todays papers. Its got planning approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

nateireann wrote: »
    I am still wondering what was the reason to open this thread... will we be able to know it someday? :D

Somebody was getting their Waterford's and Wexford's mixed up - for shame! :pac:

Cinemas in Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Sully wrote: »
    A new cinema is going out by Waterford Crystal, according to todays papers. Its got planning approval.

I saw that in the Waterford People. 8 screen cinema run by Cineplex.

Kahless wrote: »
    I saw that in the Waterford People. 8 screen cinema run by Cineplex.
    it will more than likely go under the name omniplex instead of cineplex

What interests me is, why is the cinema in Patrick St. not acting faster? They have potential to continue to do well but the majoirty of people will go elsewhere for a better service all around (incl. choice of films, food, service, quality of rooms incl. picutre & sound). Yet all they do is boast about how they will re-develop but no moves are being made publicly yet - and time is running out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Sully wrote: »
    What interests me is, why is the cinema in Patrick St. not acting faster? They have potential to continue to do well but the majoirty of people will go elsewhere for a better service all around (incl. choice of films, food, service, quality of rooms incl. picutre & sound). Yet all they do is boast about how they will re-develop but no moves are being made publicly yet - and time is running out.

u mean that rats nest? They didnt do anything about it for years why do anything about it now? Only when Storm opened up did they bother their arse in the slightest to improve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

it will more than likely go under the name omniplex instead of cineplex

Same company though. Wonder if this means some sort of death knell for Patrick Street from head office...??

I'd like the Patrick Street one to stay open, if only for keeping the large groups of loud Spanish students out of the better cinema;)

Kahless wrote: »
    I'd like the Patrick Street one to stay open, if only for keeping the large groups of loud Spanish students out of the better cinema;)

Yeah, Spanish people, so annoying... :D

Chochese wrote: »
    Same company though. Wonder if this means some sort of death knell for Patrick Street from head office...??
    ye i know!!! but if you go to omniplex.ie you will see the cinema times for waterford here and not on cineplex.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Aw. Not true.

Irish people are just grumpy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I think Kahless was mixing up those loud groups of "pijos" who descend here every year with normal, refined Spanish people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

trishw78 wrote: »
    but my shoes were still sticking to the floor and it still has a funky smell.but you can't complain at €5

You can and just have.

fricatus wrote: »
    I think Kahless was mixing up those loud groups of "pijos" who descend here every year with normal, refined Spanish people :D

Don't worry, I know they aren't representative of normal people. It's just the ones with the orange bags;)

KingLoser wrote: »
    Aw. Not true.

Irish people are just grumpy.
    It´s ok, I must admit that we can be noisy :o
    fricatus wrote: »
    I think Kahless was mixing up those loud groups of "pijos" who descend here every year with normal, refined Spanish people
    do you mean like me??? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement